M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just road what I thought /was told was a 2008 9 then did some research and saw that the Red color was an 07 color it has only 2800 miles on it everything else seems fine looks new, original owner.

Wondering if it is possible to change the od on these bikes?

·
Registered
3,979 Posts
I don't think the average person can roll the speedo back without special equipment and a whole lot of training.

·
Registered
735 Posts
the truth is that suzuki has sold a lot of these bikes, I can take you to 10 guys within 10 minutes of my home that have baikes ranging from 06-08, I'd bet my next paycheck that I have more mileage than all 10 of them (combined). One guy has an 07 LE that he had to have , it doesnt have 1000 miles on it. Good thing is that means there are plenty of low mileage bikes out there

·
Banned
15,179 Posts
I don't think the average person can roll the speedo back without special equipment and a whole lot of training.
besides for being against the law.........

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
My 2006 had less than 1200 mi when I picked it up at the end of 2009

·
Registered
327 Posts
My 06 only had 4500 miles on it when I picked it up in late June of 09. 18K or so now. :D

I wouldn't worry. Some people buy bikes and never ride them... I was looking at next to new just purchased R2 with like 200 miles on it nearby. Then I found a better deal. Saw same R2 a year later on craiglist with like 800 miles. Go figure.

·
Registered
4,743 Posts
besides for being against the law.........
I know someone that hasn't let the constitution stop him so why should we obey the law....:dontknow::D:joke:

·
Registered
145 Posts
My 06 only had 4500 miles on it when I picked it up in late June of 09. 18K or so now. :D

I wouldn't worry. Some people buy bikes and never ride them... I was looking at next to new just purchased R2 with like 200 miles on it nearby. Then I found a better deal. Saw same R2 a year later on craiglist with like 800 miles. Go figure.
Bought my 06 in June2010 with 11.5 on it. now in Oct 2010 New tire on rear, retighten clutch basket tube nut, new clutches & an oil change & filter, 15.5k
Life is good again....:eek:

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
My '06 had less than 2 miles on it when I picked it up in '06.... :evil: :evil:

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Grey Ghost

You are right in what you said I felt lied to but, this was a 1st bike purchase for the current owner and they said they bought it in 08' so thats why they thought it was an 08' anyway I have a 90 I'm waiting for but, this may be a deal that is too hard to pass on. Going to go and take 1 more look tomorrow.

·
Registered
189 Posts
06 low mileage

I bought my 06 last year off the stealers floor with 49 miles on it. They are out there. The color change would get me worried.

·
Radio Active Member
27,671 Posts
Some people just don't ride. I think that is why they are selling them. If the condition of the bike tells you other wise, then question it.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts