M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is nothing new but kind of tired to hear "I put over 20k miles in 2009..." bla..bla..bla
Talk is cheap and since we are a group of guys that actually get together and ride then I was thinking in a small competition between us.

Lets start tomorrow April 22nd and it will end November 30th.
You enter by taking a picture of your odometer with a small postix(sticky note) attached to it saying your screen name.

You also have to be a regular member of the group by riding with the 9ers at least 50% of the group outings, lets just say that all we had for rides in the year were only 4 group rides so to qualify you had to make at least 2 rides.
PRIZE for the member with the most miles in 2010: I like to give him some $$..let me know what you guys think to pay a small fee to get in and this money would go to the winner? I dont know just a idea.
Let me know!

Lets Roll!!!

·
Radio Active Member
27,683 Posts
20K, :eek: :eek: :bow::bow: That is a lot of saddle time. I am not sure how many takes you will get with that statement. But ride safe and hope to see you in June at the Meet. :doorag:

·
Registered
5,867 Posts
:a20: :doh:I was going to try that, guess I get beat again :D will have to come up with another idea.

sounds like fun what the hell I will say 10.00 per person with the other rules tobrak already stated.

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
Hell I got a 250 with like 60 miles on it that would make a great trophy. Kinda flat in the middle if you know what I mean. Who cares how many miles you ride! Just ride! Some people don't have to work for a living and can get rides in most days. Others have to do the 7 to 5 thing and only get a couple of hours in evenings and maybe 1 day on the weekend. Heck if this economy doesn't turn around pretty quick some of us won't be riding at all. Get some miles in that are enjoyable, keep your mileage stories to yourself.

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Alright guys, all good points.
It looks like the idea did not pan out to be all that.
I will keep this tread up until sometime next week.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Hell I got a 250 with like 60 miles on it that would make a great trophy. Kinda flat in the middle if you know what I mean. Who cares how many miles you ride! Just ride! Some people don't have to work for a living and can get rides in most days. Others have to do the 7 to 5 thing and only get a couple of hours in evenings and maybe 1 day on the weekend. Heck if this economy doesn't turn around pretty quick some of us won't be riding at all. Get some miles in that are enjoyable, keep your mileage stories to yourself.
I hear you Woody,right now I am straight out. 7 to 7 and saturdays.But I am not complaining.Past 2 years were not good.Things look like they are turning a bit.

Tobrac, good idea but I would probably be in last place LOL.

Hope you guys are going to Lowell bike night,looking forward to meeting most of you guys.

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I hear you Woody,right now I am straight out. 7 to 7 and saturdays.But I am not complaining.Past 2 years were not good.Things look like they are turning a bit.

Tobrac, good idea but I would probably be in last place LOL.

Hope you guys are going to Lowell bike night,looking forward to meeting most of you guys.
Sure thing man! We should be there for the 25th of May opening day!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts