M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A while back I noticed that my handlebars are not true to my front wheel. I have a slight left turn direction while cruising straight. It's not bad but annoying. I don't know why other than I also have 2" bar risers from Kewl.
I have re-installed the risers and also switched them around. Then I loosened my fork clamps and tried to torque the whole front in back straight. No luck. So, I decided to just live with it until recently I noticed that the bike feels loose in high speed left hand curves but feels stable with right hand curves.
Any ideas? Suggestions?

·
Seasoned Member
7,635 Posts
A while back I noticed that my handlebars are not true to my front wheel. I have a slight left turn direction while cruising straight. It's not bad but annoying. I don't know why other than I also have 2" bar risers from Kewl.
I have re-installed the risers and also switched them around. Then I loosened my fork clamps and tried to torque the whole front in back straight. No luck. So, I decided to just live with it until recently I noticed that the bike feels loose in high speed left hand curves but feels stable with right hand curves.
Any ideas? Suggestions?
I had the same problem with the 2" KewlMetal risers. If your bars aren't bent, it's the squaring/alignment of the risers and tach mount bracket that sits between. To correct mine, instead of following the directions in the shop manual, I pulled everything back off, assembled just the risers to the tach mount bracket with Loc-Tite, set it upright on a flat workbench, measured with a square to ensure alignment, tightened the assembly, measured again, let it dry overnight, measured again, then mounted the whole assembly to the top of the triple tree and installed the bars.

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I had the same problem with the 2" KewlMetal risers. If your bars aren't bent, it's the squaring/alignment of the risers and tach mount bracket that sits between. To correct mine, instead of following the directions in the shop manual, I pulled everything back off, assembled just the risers to the tach mount bracket with Loc-Tite, set it upright on a flat workbench, measured with a square to ensure alignment, tightened the assembly, measured again, let it dry overnight, measured again, then mounted the whole assembly to the top of the triple tree and installed the bars.
That sounds like a lot of work!
I was beginning to think that they weren't the culprit after switching them around. I may just take them back off for a while.

·
Radio Active Member
27,665 Posts
Mine is that way and I have never had my risers off. But I corner fine in both directions.

·
Registered
371 Posts
:agree: Also check that your risers are torqued to spec and the riser caps and tach mount.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts