M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
6,298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone needed to add octane boost to the M and if so how much?? and how much more power did it feel like you had? or is this a bad idea the m doesn't need it??

·
Registered
443 Posts
Octane booster will do nothing for a stock motor. If you are pinging on premium pump gas all the time, then you need to think about it. Otherwise, dont sweat it. :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
414 Posts
I run 89 Octane with no Ping...but alway throw the 91 octane in at least every 3rd tank...I don't notice any difference...

·
Registered
6 Posts
In Sweden we bikers always choose 98 octane........

Its a big difference between 95-98, why not boost the gas :bigthumbsup:
95 is the normal and 98 is premium.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Sweden and western europe uses RON. Cant say it's a big diffrence between MON and RON since you check the octane at 600rpm for RON and 900rpm for MON, diffrence yes but it's not huge. Then we have E85, at 104 octane things should really start to move ;)

·
Registered
181 Posts
biker-chicky said:
Has anyone needed to add octane boost to the M and if so how much?? and how much more power did it feel like you had? or is this a bad idea the m doesn't need it??
In my opinion, you don't need to add octane booster - waste of money!

·
Registered
1,918 Posts
go for it i use it on long trips but not around town

·
Registered
1,918 Posts
i use this about 1/4 per tank on the road Super Octane Boost 104 some stations sell that ass gas it helps ;)

·
Registered
6,298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
How would octane booster help with nos?

·
Registered
189 Posts
Nos amplifies the combustion of gasoline. Therefore fuel octane and engine timing are critical. If your running to low octane the motor will ping and possible engine damage will occur. The nos also makes the combustion chamber hotter! Ever look at the white portion of a spark plug after some bottles of nos were used? They get all torn up. If your running a supercharger the same rules apply. My buddies VMAX must be run on racing fuel only. Its putting out 15lbs of boost.

·
Registered
6,298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
mazzuca21366 said:
Nos amplifies the combustion of gasoline. Therefore fuel octane and engine timing are critical. If your running to low octane the motor will ping and possible engine damage will occur. The nos also makes the combustion chamber hotter! Ever look at the white portion of a spark plug after some bottles of nos were used? They get all torn up. If your running a supercharger the same rules apply. My buddies VMAX must be run on racing fuel only. Its putting out 15lbs of boost.
well its a good thing i put in colder plugs in my M on my second service mine were whitish should have been brownish, lol

·
Registered
4,103 Posts
tough to get plugs to show anything in the way of brownish with the gas we have now days. they are usually whiteish to grayish to more grayish and finally blackish when you foul one. :D

G

·
ppridgen1 said:
so wich spark knock detector did you buy and where did you install it .....how hard was it to adjust out the normal cam chain noise.?
I won't go into detail ,but the stock bike with a timing retard removal setup WILL spark knock at low rpm and Will continue to do so until the throttle is chopped, ....even on our standard 93 octane fuel.....you can't hear it with the ear, but the computer that was used and the dyno runs proved it WAS Spark knocking.....keep using the 87 or 89 octane and you'll find out.
Perry, were the dyno runs with the NGK 8's? If so, have you dynoed with the 9's? I know using the 10's will alleviate the knocking but is using the 10's overkill?

·
Registered
6,298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
my third service is due so I will report back on the colder plugs that were instaled at second service I am realy shooting for a nice brown plug, we shall see. maybe some nos will get them brown if they arent already, with a wee bit of octain booster hmmm, a little home brew, Yummy i think i'll go and get a glass of wine, LOL

·
Registered
6,298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
cbxer55 said:
No way NOS is gonna make your plugs browner! Might tear them up and shred them, but definitely not browner.
Unless you know what you are doing with Nitrous Oxide, stay away from it. FAR AWAY! :crackpipe:
There are more blown up motors out there due to folks messing with this stuff and not knowing what they are doing.
NOS is something like 98% pure oxygen, also known as laughing gas. You have to add a WHOLE BUNCH of fuel to the mixture to prevent being WAY LEAN.
If it is done right, WATCH OUT!
LOL oh man I'm just pulling on your chain LOL I'll leave the nos setting up to Hal, LOL

1 - 18 of 18 Posts