M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm down in Ocean City, MD for Bike Week and stopped by the Suzuki tent. I see that they have the Cobra show 109 and they have a red and white '07. The rep comes up to me and asks how I'm doing and other B.S. I ask him what kind of stuff they have for the 109 and he lists a few things and I ask to see them........his answer for Suzuki not having stuff available is liability. The aftermarket companies can just "throw stuff out there" and not worry about liability, but Suzuki wants to make sure everything is safe. I also ask him why the '07's came out 3 months after the '06's and he says they went through the stock of '06's faster than anticipated. I told him that it sucks not having simple accessories like a backrest, but the second year of the 109 is already out with some minor changes. This guy was a Suzuki rep and not a dealer salesman. He said that they've been getting hammered for not having the accessories available.

·
Registered
414 Posts
They should be hammered for not having the accessories available...I think that the day you put the bike in production should be the same day that the accessories get made so they will be available when the bike is sold...they not only screwed us on this they screwed themselves...I know that I would have bought the Gel seats when I purchased the bike, but I still have a dumb dealer telling me that the seats don't come as a set...just the front seat by itself...I asked him to get me a price for the back seat and he just stood there looking at me like a deer in headlights...Time to find a new dealer...

·
Radio Active Member
27,666 Posts
I agree with you both. It's like getting a boob job and not being able to get a bra to fit them. :D

1 - 3 of 3 Posts