M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found this video on youtube and i think it can help peoples ( like me :D ) who want to know how to install O2 sensors on US exhaust ... :doorag:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hmm

Why would you want to drill O2 sensors back in custom pipes, instead of just putting O2 sensor eliminators on the wires ends? The catalytic convertor is gone anyway, so I don't see the point in it.

·
Seasoned Member
7,635 Posts
I found this video on youtube and i think it can help peoples ( like me :D ) who want to know how to install O2 sensors on US exhaust ... :doorag:

If he had put plugs in the bungs before welding, he wouldn't have had to waste all that time tapping the threads back out. :D

·
Seasoned Member
7,635 Posts
Why would you want to drill O2 sensors back in custom pipes, instead of just putting O2 sensor eliminators on the wires ends? The catalytic convertor is gone anyway, so I don't see the point in it.
Maybe he needs to replace his stock exhaust, wants to keep it stock but is picking up a less expensive US-spec take-off from a member here? :dontknow:

Or maybe he's installing a Power Commander V or B&B? :dontknow:

·
Registered
299 Posts
Sensors.

I know it is only a Harley,but one would think that the mechanic would have taken a bit of pride in how he did the job.When he placed the system on the bench,he should have put a cloth down so as not to damage the chrome.After seeing the way he did that job,he would ever work on a bike of mine.KEZZ.:bigthumbsup::bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
79 Posts
How many o2 sensors

Just wondering how many of these plugs are needed. Gman says maybe 2 . I've got a 2010 LE .

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Just wondering how many of these plugs are needed. Gman says maybe 2 . I've got a 2010 LE .
I will say 2 ( one by pipe ), but be sure you have those on you're OEM pipe. There were suppose to be on the Canadian version, but when i received my 9 ( 2010 LE ) last spring, there were no O2 sensors on mine, so no need to add those bung on my aftermarket exhaust. :D

·
Registered
79 Posts
I will say 2 ( one by pipe ), but be sure you have those on you're OEM pipe. There were suppose to be on the Canadian version, but when i received my 9 ( 2010 LE ) last spring, there were no O2 sensors on mine, so no need to add those bung on my aftermarket exhaust. :D
So your saying that I should check oem pipe. How will I know ? I've got the pipes at home. What will I do with the stock sensors ?

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
So your saying that I should check oem pipe. How will I know ? I've got the pipes at home. What will I do with the stock sensors ?
Did you find the O2 sensor on your OEM pipes ? If yes, i will say that it's better to install bung on your aftermarket pipes ( IMO ) the way you can see it on the youtube video. But other member say that you just have to install O2 sensor eliminator, and i think that can be a nice way too. My point was regarding the :cop: because in some area they will check if those sensors are install on aftermarket exhaust .... so it's your choice sir .... :pop:

·
Registered
534 Posts
m109rule,
Help me understand. If I buy a 2011 in Canada, and I want to buy a new exhaust, I need to modify the exhaust to include a O2 sensor??

Dazed and confused Dave

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
m109rule,
Help me understand. If I buy a 2011 in Canada, and I want to buy a new exhaust, I need to modify the exhaust to include a O2 sensor??

Dazed and confused Dave
No, the Canadian 9 were "suppose" to have O2 sensor, but mine didn't have .... :D so when i installed my aftermarket exhaust, no need to install bund on them. So if you don't have O2 on your 9, no problem. If you have those, so you have to decide: install bund on the aftermarket or go for O2 sensor eliminator. that's ok for you ? :pop:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts