M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 9 is a non-U.S. model (Canada). These models supposedly come with O2 sensors which the U.S. models don't have. I'll be installing a Cobra Fi2000r shortly. Was told the O2 sensor may conflict with the fuel controller as the sensor may try to remove fuel while the fuel manager is trying to add it. Anyways, there are plug and play O2 sensor eliminators (O2se) on the market that claim to solve this problem (apparently the 9 needs two of them). Anyone out there that can verify this and separate the b.s. from the facts. Feedback appreciated.

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
Be sure to check on your OEM exhaust if you really have O2 sensor ... my nine came here without O2 sensor and no problem for me when i installed my Roadburner exhaust ....;)

·
Registered
237 Posts
is it not so that if u just change the pipes then u dont need any fuel mods

but if air/exhausts then yes !

i run just o2&exhaust(roadhouse)no problems!

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
From reading the many posts on this site, it seems the 9 may run a little lean right from the factory. I've added Ducks covers which opens the air up even more. Even though I'm sure I could get by without it, I've decided I could probably benefit with fuel management.

·
Registered
696 Posts
My 9 is a non-U.S. model (Canada). These models supposedly come with O2 sensors which the U.S. models don't have. I'll be installing a Cobra Fi2000r shortly. Was told the O2 sensor may conflict with the fuel controller as the sensor may try to remove fuel while the fuel manager is trying to add it. Anyways, there are plug and play O2 sensor eliminators (O2se) on the market that claim to solve this problem (apparently the 9 needs two of them). Anyone out there that can verify this and separate the b.s. from the facts. Feedback appreciated.
There are Oxygen Sensor eliminators on ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.ca/SUZUKI-M109-M109...rcycles_Parts_Accessories&hash=item1e603396c0

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
23,037 Posts
I've read you can just take the O2 sensors off and it works fine, and I've read you need the sensor eliminators. I'm not sure which one works best.

But the guys that know for sure are on the Australian board, might check there and see what they say. All their bikes have them.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I've read you can just take the O2 sensors off and it works fine, and I've read you need the sensor eliminators. I'm not sure which one works best.

But the guys that know for sure are on the Australian board, might check there and see what they say. All their bikes have them.
This has been giving me the s***s for almost a week now and finally come to some sort of solution. I have a 2010 m109r and yes it does have o2 sensors. I also have a FI2000R so i emailed cobra usa and they sent me a " sorry don't know what you mean" story.:edit::cus: I then did some research and rang the australian importer of cobra products and ,at first he didn't to talk to me because i wasn't a dealer, but i went on to explain my side of the story and he said from 2008 and up don't need o2 sensor eliminator plugs but needed bypasses instead ??? (WTF) so he instructed me to ring my local suzuki dealer and tell them to ring him so that they can buy the bypasses to sell to me :edit:. I did that and the dealer rings me back to tell me the importer gave me a bum steer and thought that i was talking about VTX even though i said M109R, they sound so alike :doh: . In the end the dealer told me that he then said that nothing is need to eliminate those sensors. I then proceded to ask him " then what do i do with the o2 sensors as my oem pipes have no bung to put them into? Should i tape them up or cable tie them ? Don't they need to capped off in some way so they don't get wet????? " NOW THIS IS THE BEST BIT. He said "don't ask me i'm just the spare parts guy ":swear::cus::edit::swear: He then put me through to the mechanics dept and i asked for a guy who the " the spare parts dumb a$$ " said would know . He was busy and the lady took my name and number down so the mechanic would call me back. 10 hours later no call back :nojoke: Am i pissed you bet . Anyway hopefully some one on here can help. PLEASE

·
Banned
2,524 Posts
This has been giving me the s***s for almost a week now and finally come to some sort of solution. I have a 2010 m109r and yes it does have o2 sensors. I also have a FI2000R so i emailed cobra usa and they sent me a " sorry don't know what you mean" story.:edit::cus: I then did some research and rang the australian importer of cobra products and ,at first he didn't to talk to me because i wasn't a dealer, but i went on to explain my side of the story and he said from 2008 and up don't need o2 sensor eliminator plugs but needed bypasses instead ??? (WTF) so he instructed me to ring my local suzuki dealer and tell them to ring him so that they can buy the bypasses to sell to me :edit:. I did that and the dealer rings me back to tell me the importer gave me a bum steer and thought that i was talking about VTX even though i said M109R, they sound so alike :doh: . In the end the dealer told me that he then said that nothing is need to eliminate those sensors. I then proceded to ask him " then what do i do with the o2 sensors as my oem pipes have no bung to put them into? Should i tape them up or cable tie them ? Don't they need to capped off in some way so they don't get wet????? " NOW THIS IS THE BEST BIT. He said "don't ask me i'm just the spare parts guy ":swear::cus::edit::swear: He then put me through to the mechanics dept and i asked for a guy who the " the spare parts dumb a$$ " said would know . He was busy and the lady took my name and number down so the mechanic would call me back. 10 hours later no call back :nojoke: Am i pissed you bet . Anyway hopefully some one on here can help. PLEASE
toro9 has chosen not to receive private messages or may not be allowed to receive private messages. Therefore you may not send your message to him/her.
:dontknow:

just leave the O2 sensors there they bypassed them on mine when they put it on the dyno.

·
Registered
35 Posts
o2 Sensor

Hi
I just put a Velocity pipe on my 2009 M109R. It has no bungs but as I am in Australia the bike has O2 sensors. What I did was plug the wires after taking off the stock exhaust with white plugs you can buy on ebay. I also had the ECU wire stripped so that the F1 light doesnt come on.(see posts about the net) I have a BAK and an EFI controller that is load based to adjust AFR.
Bike runs sweet.
HTH
Dave

1 - 9 of 9 Posts