M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering what do you do with the o2 sensor when you use an aftermarket exhaust. Looking at the hk sideburner and researched alot on the SET, but didn`t find anything on the o2. The exhaust doesn`t come with a bung. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

·
Registered
23 Posts
O2 bung

I have just fitted sideburner exhaust to my 109 and got a set of bungs from my local dealer then I drilled some holes in the pipes and had them welded in place so far all is normal I do not know how it helps but have heard somewhere that if you fit a power commander it does help with the set up.

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
22,951 Posts
Just wondering what do you do with the o2 sensor when you use an aftermarket exhaust. Looking at the hk sideburner and researched alot on the SET, but didn`t find anything on the o2. The exhaust doesn`t come with a bung. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
US spec bikes don't have O2 sensors. Only Canadian, Australian, European and pretty much every other region of the world have them.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Thanks Zoom for the post. I removed the stock exhaust and the SET all in one piece. Installed the hk sideburner and pulled the wire out of the computer harness that Big PapaM109 posted. Bike run great and FI light is not on. Just wanted to make sure there wasn`t something else I was supposed to do.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts