M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
This is my first thread, got some questions:

1. Does the U.S. M90 have an O2 sensor. NOPE!

2. How can you mount the Stebel Air Horn in the headlight cowl and still access the bulb? THE COWL REMOVES FOR REPLACING THE BULB!

3. What is the best high performance spark plug for our bikes? NGK Iridium Spark Plug - DPR9EIX-9

4. Where do I find the shock setting numbers on the M90? Still No Answer...:dontknow:

Thanx for any input.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
This is my first thread, got some questions:

1. Does the U.S. M90 have an O2 sensor. NOPE!

2. How can you mount the Stebel Air Horn in the headlight cowl and still access the bulb? THE COWL REMOVES FOR REPLACING THE BULB!

3. What is the best high performance spark plug for our bikes? NGK Iridium Spark Plug - DPR9EIX-9

4. Where do I find the shock setting numbers on the M90? Still No Answer...:dontknow:

Thanx for any input.
Haha

·
Registered
170 Posts
Maybe it's just be the California models, but mine has an O2 sensor.
Mine has the sensor also. There must have been a few in CA that didn't have the sensor because the Cobra exhaust company used bikes w/o the sensor for exhaust trials. The company is located in CA and I believe the were using local bikes..

·
Registered
87 Posts

Thanx for any input.
There are no shock setting numbers for the M90, only adjusting nuts for the preload. When I had my last service I had the dealer set it for my weight.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
There are no shock setting numbers for the M90, only adjusting nuts for the preload. When I had my last service I had the dealer set it for my weight.
Thanks for the response, I have driven myself nuts trying to find those numbers. I was going to set the spring softer than the factory setting to help with bumps.

I wonder how the dealership knows where to put the spring based on weight? I have the service manual and it never talks about that.

I had to answer the first 3 questions myself by trial and error since nobody responded to the thread...thanx again for the feedback!

·
Registered
87 Posts
I wonder how the dealership knows where to put the spring based on weight? I have the service manual and it never talks about that.
I suppose they rely on experience, but they asked my weight so they could set it up accordingly, and I was very happy with the change. I ride two-up a lot and it doesn't bottom out on rough roads.

If it's any help I'm just under 100kg :redfaced: and they left about 4 threads showing above the adjusting nuts.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts