M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's the part number for some o-rings that fit the brake pedal. I didn't think I needed them until riding home from work in the rain a few days ago and my boot slipped off the pedal :eek: Any Pep Boys, Autozone, Checker, etc. should carry this brand.

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've seen several pictures here where guys had put o-rings on the pedal. I just never gave it much thought 'til I was dragging a boot behind me in the rain the other day :confused:

G

·
Thanks Trouble, for once, I just happen to have 3 of those laying around. Put them on. Cheapest mod ever. Looks good too. Thanks bro.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Sure enough, had some laying around the garage first day I brought it home they went on. Like it! Been on ever since.

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
chevyguy_72 said:
Autozone was a no go just so no one else trys there. :bigthumbsup:
Sorry about the bad info :redfaced: "O-tite" is from the same company that markets the "Help!" products you see in every parts store, so someone near you should carry them.

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
Folks: The 0 rings look great! For those of you looking for rings go to "Harbor Freight"!
They have Nitril 0 Ring Kits and they are really cheap! I bought this kit on sale for $3.99. It has 385 rings in 30 different sizes. This particular kit is discontinued for mail order but may be available off the shelf at some stores.

They currently have a listing for Kit # 31677 which has 225 rings in 10 different sizes for $6.99!

·
Registered
106 Posts
I've had them on mine for a month now. Buy extra ...... they will eventually slip off. :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
243 Posts
My outer one falls off too... ::) came off at a light once, I thought, "I'm gonna bend down and pick it up... " then I realized how bad it would be to tip the bike over for a $.75 o ring... Changed my mind quick... :p

G

·
Maybe a couple drops of super glue. I lost mine on Sunday and was thinking of trying the super glue to keep them on. I think since we pivot our feet on the brake pedal that is why we are loosing them, especially the outer one.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Lost all 3 on a 350mi ride over two days, will try the 3/4 though.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Put on 3/4 * 9/16 * 3/32 and let me tell you I don't think they will come off any time soon, it was alittle of a pain getting them on. Buck something a box of 10 at lowes Danco brand.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts