M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'll speed this up and combine a couple of day.

Back through Arthurs Pass again..good weather and better light for photo's than the last trip...on to Greymouth a small town on the banks of a navigable river of the same name. (Historically significant as a coalmining town..now mostly known for it's rain and friendly people)

not sure where this shot was taken , but in the early morning light it looked quite primoidial.Â

ohh..and the bike collection!

up the coast and another of my fixation .....photo's of bridges.

this is typical of the W Coast scenery..very rugged and dangerous coast..great surfing!

And just past Punakaiki I found the perfect getaway for a romantic weekend. This little "crib" right out in the surf almost hidden from view..this is what I imagine heaven will be like..not a harp to be heard!

About this point in the ride I see a couple of bikes (1 obviously broken down) so I pull over to ask if they need any help? Both are Harleys and the riders saw the "Japo" pulling up and wouldn't even so much as LOOK at me!
I lifted my visor higher and asked again even LOUDER..but the nearest of them who looked like the "pig handler" out of "Deliverance" glanced my way and continued to ignore me. I rode off with my thoughts about the mentality of those two and how I was happy God had given them Harleys.
Later in the trip I bumped into them in a Cafe; again I said hello and again I couldn't believe their response..as soon as they caught my eye their necks spun around in the opposite direction and they so obviously wanted to snub me.
The "pig handlers" mate was a bad looking dude with prison "Tats" all over him and most notably a Skull and Crossbones on the back of his head. Me in my brown leather trou and silver Cordura jacket must have looked like I was a probation officer checking up on them.
To my absolute disbelief..they had a very nice looking girl with them..got me stumped what the attraction could be?
But they were BAD and I got the impression that if I was a little guy and they had been drinking they would have started something.
I took off my jacket and both 'long john silver' and the 'pig handler' saw my Goju Ryu tee shirt with Kanji on it and sitting behind them I could see Long John Silvers feet bouncing ..it was obvious what he was thinking from the body language.
I'm not a violent person but I was looking forward to them starting something, with some nice fresh stuff in my mind from the Hanchi Patrick McCarthy seminar...I was thinking of one of our 109 friends that posted that he got beaten up in a petrol station in the US (I can't remember his site name) but I felt I had the makings of a heart warming story brewing...and these two were just the type of animals for the supporting roles.

It was 'pissing down' with rain as they rode off  ..leathers and no windshields ....IT WAS GREAT!
They probably had to catch a late Ferry crossing and had a couple of hours riding to get there in the dark and rain.I shouted myself a nice motel and a hot shower for "good behaviour". Isn't life great ! :D

Anyway to cut this saga down..I crossed to Picton from Murchison the next day.
Typical Kiwi rural scerery

Some shots of Picton, which is a little holiday get-away for Wellingtonians

Now I did promise you "Harley Davidsons" (done that) and ...um..."SEX"!

Sorry ....I meant "SHIPS" (typing error)

Here's one of the Interislander Ferry's coming in, in the evevning

3200 km with 5 days riding..my butt is pleased to be home safely.

(I'm pleased that some of you enjoyed the photo's..I have got a lot of pleasure from this site..happy to contribute a little!.

·
Registered
702 Posts
What a trip. Thanks for posting so many pics. It's like a mini vacation. :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
Great story to go along with the pix. You sure make a person itchy to get out on the open road.

Pig Handler. That's rich. HD bus drivers trying to live out the mystique.

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Thanks for all the pics you have posted ........................ great scenery, I would love to ride through it in person one day :bigthumbsup:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts