M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:dontknow:I just bought a silver 06 m109r with 3600 miles. It is all stock and looks brand new. I don't get delivery for 2 weeks. I've been contemplating things I am going to do to bike. I am having it striped, having Corbin bags added, and adding an X-Revolution fairing. Had a few questions (excuse my ignorance)-

1. What does it mean when I read of bikes that have been "debeavered"?
2. I want some engine guard bars- any suggestions?
3. What is the best way to "debadge" the bike

I can't wait to get it! What a hot looking bike!

·
Registered
8,311 Posts
:congrats:Congrats on the new ride..gonna be a long two weeks
1. Debeaver....remove the plastic licence plate holder and tuck your plate up under the fender or side mount..
2. Not sure what's best there, have not put them on
3. Hottest day this summer I let it sit in the sun for an hour and just peeled them off and cleaned up the leftover tape,very easy...some use fishing line to cut the tape but no need if it's hot enough out..

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
:congrats:Congrats on the new ride..gonna be a long two weeks
1. Debeaver....remove the plastic licence plate holder and tuck your plate up under the fender or side mount..
2. Not sure what's best there, have not put them on
3. Hottest day this summer I let it sit in the sun for an hour and just peeled them off and cleaned up the leftover tape,very easy...some use fishing line to cut the tape but no need if it's hot enough out..
Reviewed frequently asked questions- a big help. Thanks for all your help!

·
Registered
263 Posts
:welcome: and :congrats: on the new ride. Just remember to use the search function, you can find out just about everything regaurding this bike.

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
:congrats: and :welcome: here ..... for the engine crash bar, i will tell you go for the OEM, smaller and nicer for me .... :D

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
23,084 Posts
:welcome: & :congrats:

Most on here go for the Suzuki engine guards. I have them and like them.

·
Registered
314 Posts
:welcome: and:congrats: . check out the search feature under bang for your buck, it has alot of great ideas.:bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
It seems that the other members have addressed your questions. So I'll just say :welcome: and :congrats:

Let the mods begin
RIDE SAFE:bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
185 Posts
:congrats: and :welcome:

I'm sorry to hear you bought the second fastest color. Someone should have told you red is the fastest color. :joke:

The FAQs is a great place to start as well as the best mods for the buck. Have fun and ride safe!!!!

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
:congrats: and :welcome:

I'm sorry to hear you bought the second fastest color. Someone should have told you red is the fastest color. :joke:

The FAQs is a great place to start as well as the best mods for the buck. Have fun and ride safe!!!!
I'm having mine striped with deep yellow stripes- kinda like a school bus yellow. I drive a race car, and our team colors are silver and yellow. I have always said, "I may not be the fastest, but I gonna look good". What do you think- 2 stripes, or 1 wider stripe like in the LE?

·
Registered
263 Posts
I'm having mine striped with deep yellow stripes- kinda like a school bus yellow. I drive a race car, and our team colors are silver and yellow. I have always said, "I may not be the fastest, but I gonna look good". What do you think- 2 stripes, or 1 wider stripe like in the LE?
le stripe

·
Registered
960 Posts
IMO the Suzuki crash bars are far superior in appearance and function to any aftermaket bars I have seen. My LE proves it!

·
Registered
485 Posts
Congrats man!!! :congrats: Silver rocks!! Man, 06 with 35K NICE!! My 06 currently has 20K.. rolling, rolling, rolling!!! Have fun bruh..

jayh3n

1 - 17 of 17 Posts