M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One of my primo riding buddies, Mark, just ordered the Stebel Nautilus air horn and we just happened to be at Hooters in Sanford Florida having lunch when we were having this conversation. (I heard that horn on Bob's purple bike and it is definitely LOUD, and I like loud).

Now we were sitting in the restaurant with a view of our two Black beauties in the motorcycle parking that they have there which is right in front. Well everyone that walked in or out stopped by our bikes to check them out and they were standing right over the bikes trying to figure out what models they were as they are both debadged.

When the thought struck me :evil: I asked Mark, can we get a remote to hit that air horn from inside the restaurant that will about send these nice folks off their feet (just for fun). He said, sure, just put a cheap alarm on the bike and tie it into the Stebel horn. I thought.. damn I am doing that !!!!! He truly is a partner in crime.

And don't worry I won't be scarring any little children or old ladies with it... just folks I think can take a joke and have strong hearts.

·
Registered
516 Posts
Joe Schmoe walks by, stops and starts to stare, unconscienciously getting closer to the 109. His jaw opens a bit and out comes "hey now now THIS is one coo...... *HOOOOOOOOOONNNNNNNNNNKKKKKKKK* and :yikes: :cus: :swear: :verymad: :realmad: WTF??!!"

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
walker said:
dude; you got to set up a video for that :evil:
OK,

Now thats what I'm talking about !!!

Will definitely set up video for the victims. :evil: Thanks for the idea walker.

G

·
Just be careful. Some people might take offense and cause damage to the bike. I know where I live that's a constant threat.

·
Registered
600 Posts
Don't be surprised when they recover from their shock, walk to their car, drive right up next to your bike, get out of their car, kick your bike over, get back in their car and drive off :swear:

You never know when you're gonna do that to someone who is already on the edge because of a sick relative, job stress or whatever. Doing it in your driveway to your buds is one thing... randomly provoking someone like that is another :dontknow: Sorry if I sound preachy... just wanted you to consider this :)

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for the words of warning.

I will only use this for fun and not evil...

And I will take full responsibility if it pisses someone off. I deal with that every day.

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
They will probably Damage there shorts, I don't know about the bike :D :joke:
and Besides You got them on "candid camera" hahahaha :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
Well that's a nice idea and all, but I haven't seen any alarms, especially cheap ones, that can be activated by you pressing a button on a remote. What use would that be? If you think about it, why would an alarm manufacturer make such a feature? If you are close enough to the bike to see that you want to send it a signal then why wouldn't you just go to your bike in person and stop the offender? ::)

I think it's still possible to do what you want to do, and it's probably possible to do it with a Scorpio alarm as it comes with a remote, but I don't think you will consider it "cheap". And the signal from the remote is designed to arm/disarm the alarm (maybe a panic button feature?), not activate it. Even if it could be rigged to send a signal to the the air horn it would only send a brief signal, not a long blast. I just don't want you to waste a lot of money on an alarm thinking it will do what you want, because I doubt that it will. ;) :doorag:

·
Registered
629 Posts
BlackCherry said:
Well that's a nice idea and all, but I haven't seen any alarms, especially cheap ones, that can be activated by you pressing a button on a remote. What use would that be? If you think about it, why would an alarm manufacturer make such a feature? If you are close enough to the bike to see that you want to send it a signal then why wouldn't you just go to your bike in person and stop the offender? ::)

I think it's still possible to do what you want to do, and it's probably possible to do it with a Scorpio alarm as it comes with a remote, but I don't think you will consider it "cheap". And the signal from the remote is designed to arm/disarm the alarm (maybe a panic button feature?), not activate it. Even if it could be rigged to send a signal to the the air horn it would only send a brief signal, not a long blast. I just don't want you to waste a lot of money on an alarm thinking it will do what you want, because I doubt that it will. ;) :doorag:

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
Yeah, I realize my post may have sounded a bit schizophrenic, and I kinda contradicted myself because it is hard to explain what I'm thinking. I've had a lot of experience with electronics and it can get rather complicated. Yes you can send a signal to your bikes alarm with a remote control, but is it the type of signal that will let you honk your horn for the amount of time you want? And when you send the signal to blast the horn aren't you also disarming the alarm? Also keep in mind that every time you arm and disarm your alarm system you will be blasting your horn. Who wants to do that? ::)

I'm just saying it needs to be thought through more carefully before going out and buying an alarm system. :bigthumbsup: :doorag:

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
BlackCherry said:
I'm just saying it needs to be thought through more carefully before going out and buying an alarm system. :bigthumbsup: :doorag:
Thanks for the heads up, I will definitely be thinking this through $$$. But have to get the air horn anyway, saw it for only $35.

http://stores.ebay.com/Motorcycle-S..._W0QQcolZ2QQdirZ1QQfsubZ2894632QQftidZ2QQtZkm

As for the alarm/remote thing, if we can put a man on the moon I'm sure we can set up a remote to trigger that air horn for a short blast :joke:

and yes toneout, that site was hilarious.

and yes Perry I am prepared for confrontations.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts