M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
6,984 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
From the article I read......

There's no denying that Honda builds some of the smoothest running, best performing motorcycles out there. The CBR1000RR has won our Superbike Smackdown numerous times, its Honda CRF450R is always competitive in our 450 Motocross Shootout and many claim its Gold Wing is the best touring motorcycle out there. Despite making some of the most rider-friendly motorcycles on the market, Honda has also been known for its conservative styling, a label it tried to shed with the introduction of its first factory chopper, the 2010 Fury. Aftermarket firms like Cobra have demonstrated the customizing potential of a Honda cruiser with its Cobra Scrambler and Tracker, two Honda RS750 project bikes it introduced at the Long Beach IMS. Honda's own R&D department also introduced three new custom motorcycles based on the company's VT1300 line at the LB IMS, which our own Ryan Merrill touched on in his 2010 Long Beach Motorcycle Show Review. Honda released more specs and information on the 2010 Stateline "Slammer," Sabre "Switchblade" and "Furious" Fury yesterday so we thought we'd take a closer look at its VT1300 Series Concepts.

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
:eek: No way those are Honda's! Man they must have hired some Mack-Daddy American or Italian motorcycle design firm to come up with those! They all look terrific to me. Honda's style has always been very sterile. They need to build these bikes for sure. :bigthumbsup:

That Bagger is freaking awesome! No embarrassment riding that bike!!!

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
Saw the last one at the IMS...It was so so. The thing I hate when people black out bikes are the uses of flat and gloss...If you are going to go black, make it one damn paint texture...

Edit: I think I also saw the second one as well. The paint is baby blue and what you can't see is the designs in the paint. There is like a gold flake stripe down the middle of the tank and whatnot. The wife said it looked like a peac0ck

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
I like the Bagger. Don't think it would be to comfy on a long ride though.
Why not? Looks like the handlebars have a nice pullback to them. I think it's hard to judge based on one picture. We'd have to actually sit on it to determine the comfort level. Alot of Harley riders look at our bikes and they don't look very comfortable to them. But what the heck do they know? LOL

This is the age old debate: Form over function?.......If you can find a bike that does a little of both you usually got yourself a winner.

·
Registered
668 Posts
My guess we will never see these in production. Would be nice thou.

·
Registered
152 Posts
I think those lines are totally ignorant (in a good way) Threw caution to the wind and built a cool set of bikes.

(Still has 1300 motor im guessing...lol.... love the 109 still)

·
Registered
6,984 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I think those lines are totally ignorant (in a good way) Threw caution to the wind and built a cool set of bikes.

(Still has 1300 motor im guessing...lol.... love the 109 still)
They do have the 1300cc motor. So, even though they look bad to the bone they are still underpowered compared to the "mighty 9". :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
3,308 Posts
I think the word "Concept" is the one to pay attention to here. Look what happened with the "concept" ducati diablo. They took a winner and changed it into a loser by the time the production version was released.

·
Registered
16,260 Posts
They do have the 1300cc motor. So, even though they look bad to the bone they are still underpowered compared to the "mighty 9". :bigthumbsup:
Exactly! That's been a lot of ppl's complaint since they introduced the new line including mine. And I'm a Honda guy from way back.

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
2010 Stateline Slammer (Bagger)
Based on a 2010 Honda Stateline, designer Erik Dunshee (Honda R&D Americas) chose to go ultra-low. Fueled by elegance and power, the Slammer sports a fully adjustable air-ride suspension, NAV/Multimedia, a 10-inch subwoofer and 500 watts of audio power. The full front end conversion includes a lean 23-inch custom wheel; the designer achieved all this without frame or engine modification. Low has never looked so good.
Stateline Slammer Specs:
- Stock: Frame, swing arm, VT1300cc engine and tank
- 23-inch Spec designed front wheel
- Fully "Air ride adjustable" front and rear suspension; 6-inch ride height to 2.25-inch lowered
- Composite coated narrow track front rotor with 6 piston caliper
- Nav/Multimedia Head unit with GPS speed display
- 3-speaker (including a 10-inch subwoofer), 500 watt sound system
- Full custom bodywork including a leather drop seat
- Two- tone Satin metallic black and pearl black paint
- Custom Spec crossover twin pipe exhaust
- Air/Box/cleaner Conversion

2010 Sabre Switchblade (Pro Drag)
From the stock 2010 Sabre, designer Edward Birtulescu (Honda R&D Americas) conceived Switchblade, a race-inspired cruiser that took styling cues from Formula1 and MotoGP vehicles. With one look it's clear that Switchblade is committed to precision and performance. Full Carbon fiber dress, 3-way adjustable racing suspension and a single sided swing arm with a 535 chain conversion optimize the single focus of this design - speed. Switchblade has mass -centralized proportion to reinforce the super sport assault.

Sabre Switchblade Specs:
- Stock frame, VT1300cc engine and tank
- 3-way fully adjustable sport suspension
- Carbon fiber custom bodywork & spec seat
- 535 Chain conversion (Before shaft drive)
- Single sided swing arm conversion
- Race- spec calipers and rotors
- Carbon Fiber 18-inch rear wheel - Carbon Fiber 21-inch Front
- Onboard GPS lap-timer and data acquisition unit
- Oversize Billet Top and lower bridge
- Air/Box/cleaner Conversion

:drool:

1300cc or not these are bad, mabye they'll put down the same power as the vrods 1300 :dontknow:

·
Registered
3,308 Posts
The bagger looks like it stole some cues from the victory vision. You would need to imagine it with reflectors, and alot more on the handlebars for street use. Lets see if they kill the design trying to bring it to production.

Love the bottom one too, but we all know what happens when they tone it down for mass production, as per every concept car that i've ever seen.

:pop:

Ps- what is built into the seat of the bottom one? Testicle massager?

1 - 20 of 39 Posts