M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
775 Posts
not my style of bike; girl's got no nibbies; but the backdrop is the coolest looking scenery i've seen in a long time. wonder where that is
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
443 Posts
That is absolutely stunning> :D
 

·
Very Active Member
Joined
·
5,784 Posts
Confederate bike are engineering marvels! the one thing that you can't see from the photos is that they are mostly carbon fiber construction. The one with the I-beam looking forks, forks are all carbon and the seat is formed from carbon, no pad at all just a spring. If I had an extra $85 grand laying around I'd have one
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
664 Posts
I seen a motorcycle special on these guys one time... I don;t remember how what or where I saw it.... but i remember thinking those are some bad a$$ bikes...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
185 Posts
walker_mufc said:
not my style of bike; girl's got no nibbies; but the backdrop is the coolest looking scenery i've seen in a long time. wonder where that is
Well Confederate moved their manufacturing plant...if you can call it that as they only have about 10 employees who build each bike by hand...from New Orleans to Birmingham, Al. last year. I actually saw the very first new Confederate HellCat that they rolled out of the B'ham facility when they brought it up to 29 Dreams http://www.29dreams.com earlier this year. It was awesome...with carbon fiber wheels, tank, fenders, etc. I think the guy who was riding it said it was ordered by some guy in Texas and was gonna cost about $55,000 or so. Anyway, I the background scenery is from Sloss Furnaces up in the B'ham area (B'ham is known as the Steel City of the South). Here is a link the Furnaces: http://www.slossfurnaces.com/media/html/home/sloss_story.php It's a really interesting place to visit. :bigthumbsup:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,016 Posts
Waltert said:
Well Confederate moved their manufacturing plant...if you can call it that as they only have about 10 employees who build each bike by hand...from New Orleans to Birmingham, Al. last year. I actually saw the very first new Confederate HellCat that they rolled out of the B'ham facility when they brought it up to 29 Dreams http://www.29dreams.com earlier this year. It was awesome...with carbon fiber wheels, tank, fenders, etc. I think the guy who was riding it said it was ordered by some guy in Texas and was gonna cost about $55,000 or so. Anyway, I the background scenery is from Sloss Furnaces up in the B'ham area (B'ham is known as the Steel City of the South). Here is a link the Furnaces: http://www.slossfurnaces.com/media/html/home/sloss_story.php It's a really interesting place to visit.  :bigthumbsup:
Well, you beat me to it :D I was going to tell him sloss furnace also, with me being from Gadsden (60 miles away for those that don't know the area), Sloss was my first thought. They do a pretty good horror facility this time of year also.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
185 Posts
silveRRocket said:
Well, you beat me to it :D I was going to tell him sloss furnace also, with me being from Gadsden (60 miles away for those that don't know the area), Sloss was my first thought. They do a pretty good horror facility this time of year also.
Yep, I hear the Haunted Furnace they do up there is great...I've never been to one though. I believe it is also registered as one of the most haunted places in the U.S. if you believe in that kind of stuff. :eek: Check some ghost stories here: http://facstaff.uwa.edu/ab/sloss.htm :yikes:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,637 Posts
Nice find ............. I've got to say that I like the Hellcat :bigthumbsup:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
525 Posts
Both looked great. :redfaced:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
844 Posts
I took a hard look at the Helcat, before going with the 109. They are very interesting, but have problems. Several were available "previously owned" in the #20,000 range.

Problems: they have had different powerplants during each of the last 4 or five years: Merc, and S&S among them. Service (outside of the manufaturing plant) is non-existent. Service THROUGH the manufacturing plant has been spotty, at best. Financial survival of the entire line is always "if-y" -- since it depends on a small number of high-end buyers.

If you think WE have problems getting parts (either OEM or after-market) try finding 'em for a Hellcat.

Just my 2 cents.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
330 Posts
the one with the i beams if you look close the the triple tree notice how it looks like double wishbone set up. i watched biker build off the other night and the same suspension. is what they did. i just cant remember there name. well anyways way cool. i like them.
 
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Top