M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
M109Riders Founder
8,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm really wishing someone would come out with some pipes that really do it for me. I like the sound on my Speedsters and the power is okay but I would change them out in a heartbeat if I could find something I really liked. ::) I like the modified stock pipes but it looks like the ones that have been on for a while are doing the same thing the pipes on my VTX are doing and that's turning yellow. :confused: I know they will buff out because I've had to do that to my X but I'm not sure that's the way I want to go. I know one guy (Chuck) did his with a carbon fiber can and that looked pretty good to me. I think they look good angled up a bit too. :doorag:

Guess I need to see the Hackers after they're chromed but those didn't do much for me either looks wise, I'm sure they will make good power and all but I'm looking for a pipe that looks killer, sounds great but not too loud and makes good power. I want a pipe that when I see it I'll know that's the pipe for me. Wonder how long if ever there will be a pipe like that. :dontknow: ::)

So far I like this pipe the best as far as looks goes. :bigthumbsup: :doorag: :super:

G

·
Lamont, I hear ya. I'm settling. I remember when I had my roadie 1600 years ago, there was quite a selection and I remember seeing the bubs chambermaids (I believe thats what they were) and they sounded as good as they looked. It was perfect. On this bike, I like the JR style pipes but thats about it.

The dragsters I'm getting look nice but I'd like something that looked somewhat stock at least around the headers...

Anyway, maybe 2007 is the year huh

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
That's funny..that's one of the choices that I've got here for mine..nice and light with unrestricted 2.5" perf.
Glad to see the photo of it on the bike. There are some nice oval M/C ones but pretty pricey esp if you have to have a "one off" built! The carbon case takes some of the "crack" out of the noise..sounds good to me. Was listening to a 'Duke' with twin Arrow carbon ovals on the other day..that was ear candy!

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
Just a little twist on this subject! Several times I've seen the same Harley at one of the Bike Nights I attend and I couldn't help but notice the exhaust. This guy built a 2/1 and used a oval shaped "White Brothers" tuneable exhaust can for the muffler. The end of the can has the obvious solid end cap with multipal/individual tuning plates and Allen head screws. The bike sounds awesome and the looks are....well guess you'd have to see the set up to really appreciate it. I had a chance to talk to the guy and he said he cut the inlet side of the muffler which is stainless and TIG welded a piece of 2 1/2" dia. stainless pipe as a coupler for the exhaust pipes. It was by all means a real clean and professional looking mod. Many of the tunable mufflers used by quad riders may offer some alternatives to the stainless cans being currently used. One good source is Rocky Mountain.com in Utah. They have a huge selection of aftermarket mufflers. Just a though for those looking for something different and unique :bigthumbsup: :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
6,343 Posts
J R said:
Lamont hang tight im fixing to come out with somthing I hope to be really cool.Or I guess I should say come out with somthing as im not gonna be selling um but I got some idea,s for some cool stuff.I just wont know until I do um if they will make good power or not.I THINK they will make the best power yet but I have been wrong before :redfaced: This will have a whole different collector then the factory 100% and I havent decided about the end yet but Im thinkin bout somthing sorta like the v-rod destroyer has and a few other choices.But again gotta build um and get um on and map the bike and all that to see if there worth a crap.This bike is picky on the exhaust for sure as far as power and tq and trying to keep both
Just my $.02 for whats its worth... The Turn Downs that come on some of the Victory bikes look very nice... I keep hoping someone will come out with a set for the 109. So far the Mortons are the closest to what I have in mind, but still not quite the same...

·
Registered
100 Posts
Lamont kind of like when ya first put the long chrome tubes on your valk.......Man I went to a cat dealer bought the pipe took to work cut to lenght and bam extra 6" of chrome sticking out from both saddle bags...............Nice

·
M109Riders Founder
8,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
JT1700 said:
Lamont kind of like when ya first put the long chrome tubes on your valk.......Man I went to a cat dealer bought the pipe took to work cut to lenght and bam extra 6" of chrome sticking out from both saddle bags...............Nice
:doorag: :D

·
Registered
59 Posts
Last I heard, Vance and Hines is prototyping a '109 pipe this month. I believe the pipe should be out in early '07. I owe Wendy an email in Nov...

Dave,
Check back with me late next month we’ll have that bike to proto type then, that way I can give you an idea of what we’ll be doing for it ok.
Wendy Ryan
Vance & Hines Racing

:bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
the jr type mod with a carbon can is the best looking imo so far.

·
Registered
240 Posts
We'll my sideburner is on the brown truck now, I'll have it here tomorrow along with the PC3 and filters.
I'll do a baseline run stock so we can see what we gain overall, but the final number wont jive with a dynojet rating as eddy currents usually show about 15% lower numbers.
More importantly I think we can get the bike into the 10's with 160lb rider with this setup.

Incidently, hardkrome said they had to go back to the drawing board several times on this pipe before they started making any power but promises "signifigant" gains with the final design.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Lamonster said:
So far I like this pipe the best as far as looks goes. :bigthumbsup: :doorag: :super:

Hmm... Can you say "Warrior?" Sure you can! Besides, I don't like the way it exposes the swingarm which on these bikes looks like an unfinished, hacked part to my way of seeing.

·
Registered
183 Posts
I have yet to see an after market exhaust that looks as good as the stock pipes ( my opinion). The stock pipes were obviously designed to go with the flow of the bikes design. As a matter of fact, people almost always mention how nice the stock exhaust curves around and goes with the design of the bike. The above exhaust looks like "angry plumbing" but may be better for performance.

·
M109Riders Founder
8,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
pizzmor said:
Yeah there really isn't anything out that has the true sport/cruiser look to it. All of the available after market stuff looks too straight cruiser with not enough sport mixed in.
I think you nailed it. I want something that's a little bit of both more toward the sport side. :doorag: :bigthumbsup:

1 - 20 of 69 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.