M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well over the last year I have run with one of the 2 filter setups in the pics below. The open APC style short style conical filter I liked the most because they breath pretty well with the bike and gave me the most power.

I like the Holley ones for show purpose but the paper filter was restrictive but still with it being open it was better than stock. The paper turned yellow quick and looked bad so I stored them away till I could do something else.

I finally got around to ordering me a couple of K&N filters for the Holley cleaners that were smaller. 2 inch as opposed to 4 inch.
OMG!!! What a freaking difference in power. I keep the little APC clean but they must really suck for airflow. Best 90 bucks I have spent in a while.
Going to have to fatten up the mixture a little :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
2,452 Posts
If BMC made a filter we could use I would buy it first. They flow roughly 300cfm more on avaerage than a K&N. However, I do not think we will have to even dream about that---they stick to the sportbike market. I have been using them in all my previous bikes and loving it.

·
Registered
4,890 Posts
If BMC made a filter we could use I would buy it first. They flow roughly 300cfm more on avaerage than a K&N. However, I do not think we will have to even dream about that---they stick to the sportbike market. I have been using them in all my previous bikes and loving it.
:agree: i have BMC on my R1. :bigthumbsup:

i would love to see what type of results they would get if installed on a 9.

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
23,138 Posts
That's 2" thick as opposed to 4" thick, right? That's got to look a lot better on the bike too. I run K&N's in pretty much everything that I have that they make one for.

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That's 2" thick as opposed to 4" thick, right? That's got to look a lot better on the bike too. I run K&N's in pretty much everything that I have that they make one for.
Well 2 inches tall. So they don't stick out as far. I am working on a different mod to tuck them in a little closer to the engine.

·
Registered
6,293 Posts
I love the increased airflow of the K&Ns, I just wish they filtered as well as the OEM paper elements. I guess the K&Ns filter well enough to not worry about it, unless you're looking to get 200K miles from the motor....

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
I gutted my intake and am putting in set of K&N 92 Camaro5.7 filters next week to replace the paper ones. they Will fit inside a Ducks style cover if you sink the mounting plate slightly. And then you have enough filter area to feed a 350 chevy on your 109. When you gut the housing you must close off the little 2 inch hole. And remove the mounting wall thet blocks the aitr going into the upper hose. All I can say is it really howls now when you get it on and yeah it is faster.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.