M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all i have a newbie type question for you so plz be kind;). I'll be getting a new 2010 LE in about 4-6 weeks time and am a little stuck on weather to have the dealer mod the bike for me , AT A PREMIUM, or should i do it myself ?. Oh did i mention that i have little mechanical exp :dontknow:. The mods the dealer will do to it incl the following
* kuryakyn iso grips
*fi 2000 or fi 2000r fuel processor
* Fender eliminator & led light kit
* Cobra black tri pro exhaust
*K&N air fillters with dual dominator intake castings
* Mini indicator kit
*lowered 1 inch
* Cobra swing arm cover
The dealer will charge me an extra $4300 on top of bike. This price includes install as well. I only ask cause due to our dollar currently having parity to the us dollar i can prob get all the above landed here in oz for little over half the price that they would charge me , eg just the exhaust will cost me $1500 here.:mad:. What do you guys think ? There are other mods i want to do like rivco 2inch risers, backrest, engine guards, hwy pegs,GI pro....Sorry got carried away :drool:. Pls help

·
Banned
15,179 Posts
Hi all i have a newbie type question for you so plz be kind;). I'll be getting a new 2010 LE in about 4-6 weeks time and am a little stuck on weather to have the dealer mod the bike for me , AT A PREMIUM, or should i do it myself ?. Oh did i mention that i have little mechanical exp :dontknow:. The mods the dealer will do to it incl the following
* kuryakyn iso grips
*fi 2000 or fi 2000r fuel processor
* Fender eliminator & led light kit
* Cobra black tri pro exhaust
*K&N air fillters with dual dominator intake castings
* Mini indicator kit
*lowered 1 inch
* Cobra swing arm cover
The dealer will charge me an extra $4300 on top of bike. This price includes install as well. I only ask cause due to our dollar currently having parity to the us dollar i can prob get all the above landed here in oz for little over half the price that they would charge me , eg just the exhaust will cost me $1500 here.:mad:. What do you guys think ? There are other mods i want to do like rivco 2inch risers, backrest, engine guards, hwy pegs,GI pro....Sorry got carried away :drool:. Pls help
OMG,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, what fun is that???? Even if I could afford to have someone else mod things for me, It would be 0 fun to drive it. Knowing someone else had all the fun and headaches doing them. JMHO. Welcome to the torquemasters,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

·
Radio Active Member
27,671 Posts
Take your time ad do it your self. If you feel over your head, see if a local guy can help you out. That way you can get even more mods with the gratification of doing it yourself.

·
Registered
4,008 Posts
You know, I had a roommate that couldn't so much as change his own oil when he moved in. It was a great bonding experience for us to work on his car. I say get one of your fellow riding buddies who's a little handier with a wrench than you are, and do it yourself. If something goes wrong down the road, chances are you'll probably figure it out since you'll have hands-on knowledge of the parts and pieces.

-Josh

·
Seasoned Member
7,635 Posts
$4300?!?!?!?!?!? :eek: For that price, I could fly out there, install everything in one afternoon and still make a few thousand $s profit! :eek:

·
Registered
264 Posts
Get a hold of some of the other Ozzie's in here and have them come over with the beer and get the parts put on, one weekend at a time. $1400 for exhaust...holy crap! We pay about $499 to $780 for most after market exhaust here, and I am sure your dollar was up last time I checked...maybe some ordering and swapping is in order. If you do it yourself then it's your bike, if they do it for you then you'll look like a R.U.B. (rich, urban, biker) and that ain't cool. Besides, you will have so many excuses to play in the garage if you do it yourself!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts