M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
285 Posts
Thats a cold one. I can only imagine how cold it is with the wind coming at you. I am blessed to be in So Cal, its in the 70's today, but thats rare for this time of year.

·
Registered
608 Posts
Below 60 and I'm in a car.

Never claimed to be as hard core as some of these guys riding in these colds.

·
Registered
6,984 Posts
Temp: 35°

Took the 9 out for a spin. Easily the coldest ride I have ever had.
Brrrr.
Future "mods" will include: chaps, longer socks, and winter riding gloves.

(Current mileage: 1968)
Brother,if you are serious about wanting to ride through the winter, buy yourself some heated gloves and vest. In the long run, you will save yourself money and be much more comfortable. I probably bought 4 pairs of nice gloves hoping they would be the magical pair that would keep my hands from going numb......no such gloves exhist. I can now ride in 20 degree weather all day and still stay comfy.

·
Registered
4,008 Posts
It was 38 degrees at 3:45 AM when I headed out for work on the 9 this morning. In my head, it sounded like a good idea. I have the Rifle Solo windshield with lower, Handguards, thermals, sweats, fleece, leathers, all piled on top of one another. My problem is that my fingers dangle in the air flow just under the handguards, so they freeze up and go numb. I"m be driving to work tomorrow.

-Josh

·
Registered
623 Posts
I hate the cold, it sucks and that's pretty strong talk for me.
My job pays to well to even think about moving but I have. Jobs are hard to come by so if you have one give thanks that you do but please Lord stop with the mid January weather...PLEASE!

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
I ride all winter here in New England. Only prob i have is fingers freezing up. Hoping to get heated gloves for this winter. I use leather pants, they tend to hold the heat in better then chaps. I got the touring windshield. Ok for the body but not for the hands. Also would love to have the heated vest for long rides.

Dave @ NES.

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
I ride all winter here in New England. Only prob i have is fingers freezing up. Hoping to get heated gloves for this winter. I use leather pants, they tend to hold the heat in better then chaps. I got the touring windshield. Ok for the body but not for the hands. Also would love to have the heated vest for long rides.

Dave @ NES.
get the jacket, only a few bucks more and the gloves plug into the jacket. a t shirt then the heated jacket, a nice tight leather coat on top to keep it close to your skin. and you will be very toasty.

·
Registered
169 Posts
brrrr

Temp: 35°

Took the 9 out for a spin. Easily the coldest ride I have ever had.
Brrrr.
Future "mods" will include: chaps, longer socks, and winter riding gloves.

Current mileage: 1968
I know what you mean my last ride was very cold. When I got home I bought chaps and ordered a 12 volt adapter so I could plug in a vest or gloves.

·
Registered
518 Posts
Rode my bike (77KZ1000LTD) to a Buddy's house in 1985 wearing shorts, tennis shoes, T-shirt around 2:00pm with around 75 degree sunny day. We drank, played pool, went barhoppin', drank moonshine, went barhoppin', anyway, left his house when his wife went ape**** don't remember why) around 1:30am. About 20 miles to my house. Temp dropped to around 45. I couldn't keep the bike straight because of a low speed wobble so I pulled over to the side of the road and stopped. The wobble continued. It was me shivering that was causing the wobble. Made it home barely verrrry slowly with no shirt. Don't know what happened to it. Then there was the time I was pulled over by a TN State Trooper for weaving while my girlfriend was in my lap facing backwards. But that's another story!

·
Registered
169 Posts
Rode my bike (77KZ1000LTD) to a Buddy's house in 1985 wearing shorts, tennis shoes, T-shirt around 2:00pm with around 75 degree sunny day. We drank, played pool, went barhoppin', drank moonshine, went barhoppin', anyway, left his house when his wife went ape**** don't remember why) around 1:30am. About 20 miles to my house. Temp dropped to around 45. I couldn't keep the bike straight because of a low speed wobble so I pulled over to the side of the road and stopped. The wobble continued. It was me shivering that was causing the wobble. Made it home barely verrrry slowly with no shirt. Don't know what happened to it. Then there was the time I was pulled over by a TN State Trooper for weaving while my girlfriend was in my lap facing backwards. But that's another story!
Okay I perked right up reading about the TN State Trooper, sounds like it could be an interesting story.

·
Registered
5,867 Posts
get the jacket, only a few bucks more and the gloves plug into the jacket. a t shirt then the heated jacket, a nice tight leather coat on top to keep it close to your skin. and you will be very toasty.
:agree: i have this jacket rode sunday 40 degrees nice an warm may invest in gloves it a tourmaster

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
must have been practicing for little sturgis?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts