M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Stopped at 2 dealerships today and both had '07s in stock. I had been waiting to see a white one in person. I was not impressed with the pearl color. To me it looks like a Dirt Bike plastic fender. So I made it to 3rd dealer and he had a Silver '06 left. After a little back and forth with the sales manager, I became the owner of the Silver '06 M109R. This will be my first bike and I will be 49 next month. I have had a King Quad for over a year and a half and it was part of my decision to go with Suzuki. My friends said If I got a street bike that they would put a thumb throttle on it so I could ride it. I think I will be able to adjust. Hope for a chance to meet up with some M109R owners along the Blue Ridge Parkway and other scenic areas of Western NC.

G

·
Congrats on the new bike. You are gonna love this bike. You mentioned that this is your first road bike. May I suggest taking an MSF course. Even if you are familiar with bikes, it is well worth the times and effort. Many insurance companies will give youa 10% discount if you pass the MSF course.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Bruno said:
Congrats on the new bike. You are gonna love this bike. You mentioned that this is your first road bike. May I suggest taking an MSF course. Even if you are familiar with bikes, it is well worth the times and effort. Many insurance companies will give youa 10% discount if you pass the MSF course.
+1 . . . :bigthumbsup: :bigthumbsup: :bigthumbsup:
Street riding is an aquired skill . . take the advanced riders course . . . ;)

·
Registered
450 Posts
Take it easy, i think even the experienced riders need to adjust going around corners with this touchy throttle. I do love accelerating though thru a slight corner and banging second gear only to have the A$$ end slide. Enjoy the ride :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
132 Posts
Welcome, We all think you made a terrific choice in the 109.
I bought my black last month and after 25yrs. between bikes, the 109 will open your eyes and bring a whole new respect to this bike. I have signed up for the fall schedule in the MSF course. My wife has taken an interest and she's signed up, too.
I'm in the Asheville,NC area. Maybe we can hook up for a ride.
Where in WNC are you?
jt

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks Everyone.

"New Rides" I think knowing thats a song shows how old you are too.

I took the MSF basic training this past weekend. I took the NC test Wednesday and failed it, but that may turn out to be ok because I would have wanted to ride it home. We ran into a extreme downpour on the way home. Girlfriend want to take her Polaris to have a recalled fixed on it so I plan on going back with it on trailer so I can bring the 109 back too. Hope I can pass the test today and get to ride this afternoon.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Doesn't having a permit allow you to ride it? Not sure about NC

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
New Rides said:
Congrats on the RIDE! I'm Lovin every minute on it. Wasn't that a song?
Motley Crue I think bro..

Grats on the new ride, and I add a +1 for both the MFC AND the Advanced riders course (both of which get you discounts with most insurance companies) :welcome: :welcome:

·
Registered
256 Posts
Bruno said:
ditto  :bigthumbsup:
congrats n ride safe !

tc

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
WooHoo ......... another silver one :bigthumbsup: Welcome to your new addiction :evil:

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Many thanks to all.

I did pass the test this morning and drove down to take 4 wheeler for recall. Well they decided to keep the 4 wheeler and I loaded up the 109 on the trailer and headed home. Was less than a mile from dealer and a guy passes me on a custom wearing a HD helmet and shirt. Slowed just in front of me and gave me a thumbs up. As he got past me I noticed he had a fat tire custom. Now thats no snubbing. That is something to get a thumbs up while its riding on the trailer.

Drove about 60 miles today. This is my weekend to work 3 12's so might get to spend a little time after work on her. Only thing I know now is I should have done this a long time ago, But If I had, would I have missed buying this great machine? Just wondering what I would have bought 5 or 10 years ago?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts