M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had emailed them about their tender and told them that I was on a fixed income and asked if I needed to buy the tender and if I didn't I could afford to put their battery into my nine. So everything was good my battery charger at home would suffice. So before I got my order in for the Gman Odessy battery the nuckleheads jacked the price up from 113.99 to 125.99 and they didn't tell me to order that second or the price would be higher. So I am back to buying the Yuasa for $99. as I still need tires in the spring and only have so much money available. It isn't nice living on a fixed income when you were used to having money.?????????

·
Registered
901 Posts
I have a rear tire for sure and possibly a OEM front tire. Just pay the shipping and you can have them. Let me know

LiquidPain

·
Registered
4,743 Posts
I had emailed them about their tender and told them that I was on a fixed income and asked if I needed to buy the tender and if I didn't I could afford to put their battery into my nine. So everything was good my battery charger at home would suffice. So before I got my order in for the Gman Odessy battery the nuckleheads jacked the price up from 113.99 to 125.99 and they didn't tell me to order that second or the price would be higher. So I am back to buying the Yuasa for $99. as I still need tires in the spring and only have so much money available. It isn't nice living on a fixed income when you were used to having money.?????????
DO NOT use a regular battery tender on an Odessy battery! I wouldn't use one at all. They don't need it. If it's due to winter and it worries you, just take it out of the bike and bring it in the warm for the winter, but mines in the garage right now and I haven't had any problems. Sorry that happened, did you double check iwth him... I just got an email about a sale. He has them a lot and maybe it's just a matter of waiting til the next sale.;)

·
Registered
6,402 Posts
Gary is a great guy, and very fair. Did you contact him? I would be willing to bet he would give it to you at the sale price or try to work something out.

·
Registered
483 Posts
I purchased the Gman before their sale was up for $119.10 which included S/h ($16.50 value) This offer was clearly posted with an ending date of midnight 1/1/11. I think you are mistaken that the battery was listed at $113.99 within the last month or two. I can't see how it's Gary's fault for your lack of questions if indeed the price was $113.99 at that current time. I don't want to take sides but for Gary's stand point, if I was him I would encourage you to purchase the Yana whatever battery for $99.00. Good luck with your outcome.

·
Registered
2,624 Posts
Yeah, Don't use a standard tender on my Odyssey. They do not float enough amps. I just charge it regular ever so often as it awaits Spring.

I auto-charged it yesterday at 7amps. Once the charge it complete, my charger shuts off.

·
Registered
2,459 Posts
I'm nothing but happy with my gman experience. Quick shipped and great communication. If you want the best its not going to be cheap. You could have bought a Honda shadow and got double MPG at 1/2 the cost of a 109

If money is tight and your not working you must have lots of time for research

·
Registered
2,071 Posts
Im sorry you had a bad suprise. I know Gary and he will do what it takes to make your deal pleasant. He has integrity beyond most people I know.
His customer service department is top notch.

·
Registered
488 Posts
I bought a TRE from Gman and it was a great experience. Quick shipping and easy to read instructions. Can't wait to fire the beast up and feel the difference. Give him a call.

·
Banned
15,179 Posts
GOSH DARNIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Do I have to drive down to Garys and straighten this up????????????????? :joke::joke: I will, give me a chance to take him my dented gas tank and shoot the chit with him. Gary is a very fair person , sounds like you was trying to buy his battry, right after a sale got over. As Pappa said, Gary has sales all the time. Just don't wait till the last minute to order one...........

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
Just call him, you will love the battery.

·
Banned
1,199 Posts
Can you put these on a battery charger? Mine went flat as a maggot today.

Hasn't been riden in a few weeks .....I'd go out and start it every few days .....since the cold is coming along it doesn't like it at all.

·
Registered
4,743 Posts
Can you put these on a battery charger? Mine went flat as a maggot today.

Hasn't been riden in a few weeks .....I'd go out and start it every few days .....since the cold is coming along it doesn't like it at all.
Charger fine. Tender, not fine.:bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
3,306 Posts
You will be happy with the Yuasa! I just bought the yellow moto-batt and it took a huge dump and left me sitting at a gas station. Did not even last one year.

·
Registered
4,743 Posts
You will be happy with the Yuasa! I just bought the yellow moto-batt and it took a huge dump and left me sitting at a gas station. Did not even last one year.
Yuasa is a ledacid battery. odessy is solid state. What is the going battery? My odessy lasted 3 years. I think it's running down and need to get a new one. I thought everyone loved the motobat?

·
Registered
16,261 Posts
No problems with my motobatt

sent from my galaxy S3 from somewhere outside space

·
Registered
3,306 Posts
Moto-batt short circuited on me. I started the bike up three times that day prior to it failing. The only thing I have hooked up other than main cables is HID and Horn. 10 months it lasted. I even have the moto-batt fatboy charging system made by moto-batt.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts