M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a set of 2 inch riser extensions all was go well till i went to put the M back together. I did it like the video shows and pulled the triple tree off to put the stock cables behind it. When i went to put it back together the steering stem is about 1/8 inch off center. What do i need to do?:dontknow:

·
Registered
26 Posts
I just did that. Here's what I did since I did not have a motorcycle jack.I put a 4by 4 block under the kickstand and put a floor jack under the frame on the other side.I then jack it up and that lifted the front tire enough to line up the triple tree.When they show the video the go from trying to put them on to they are on.They did not show how hard it was to do.But hell i got them on and i love the difference it makes. Good luck.

·
Registered
430 Posts
yup... gotta jack the bike ... take the weight off of the front ... doesn't have to leave the ground, but it will move as you take the weight off...

You shoulda seen the pile of bricks I laid in my back yard until I figured this out.,.. riser extension was my first wrench turning mod... I just about lost it!!!

Easy fix...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts