M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
I'm sure my risers aren't quite as nice, but I've been very happy with them for $60.

Grimreaper - I love the elimination of the air boxes! Are you just running pods under the tank?

·
Registered
6,175 Posts
I'm sure my risers aren't quite as nice, but I've been very happy with them for $60.

Grimreaper - I love the elimination of the air boxes! Are you just running pods under the tank?
But that description says they are 1.25 drop risers. Or shorter than stock. Which is what I rock. They have three holes. Pictures in ads are not always representative of what you'll get.

Fuel tank Motorcycle Vehicle Automotive tire Automotive lighting

·
Registered
6,175 Posts
Nice to see another silver 06 still rolling. Mine just recently turned over 39,000. Haven't had a lick of trouble with it. The occasional shudder, but it's never been a nerve racking shudder. More like a grabby clutch. And the darned coolant leaks up under the tank and left shroud. On my fourth clutch cable. On my fourth fuel filter. But I've since gotten fuel containers with filtered nozzles and made a funnel with double filters in it. Caught all kinds of crap in them too. Hopefully this will eliminate the fuel filter problem. Can't do much about the clutch cable, I keep it adjusted properly, they still break. Sh
Tire Wheel Sky Fuel tank Vehicle

udder has more or less taken care of itself. Rear brake rotor has some play, but has for over 27,000 miles and 12 years.
Tire Sky Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle

·
Registered
118 Posts
But that description says they are 1.25 drop risers. Or shorter than stock. Which is what I rock. They have three holes. Pictures in ads are not always representative of what you'll get.
I ignored the description and went by the pictures, including the pic with dimensions. All the pics are accurate and they are in fact +2" risers. I had to reroute my cables and bought a longer front brake line.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Nice to see another silver 06 still rolling. Mine just recently turned over 39,000. Haven't had a lick of trouble with it. The occasional shudder, but it's never been a nerve racking shudder. More like a grabby clutch. And the darned coolant leaks up under the tank and left shroud. On my fourth clutch cable. On my fourth fuel filter. But I've since gotten fuel containers with filtered nozzles and made a funnel with double filters in it. Caught all kinds of crap in them too. Hopefully this will eliminate the fuel filter problem. Can't do much about the clutch cable, I keep it adjusted properly, they still break. Sh View attachment 420856
udder has more or less taken care of itself. Rear brake rotor has some play, but has for over 27,000 miles and 12 years. View attachment 420855
26k and never changed fuel filter

·
Administrator
2008 M109R, 2016 FJR1300, 1999 VMax
9,018 Posts
Contact me - I will see if I can merge your old & new accounts.

Welcome back!

·
Registered
6,175 Posts
And for my next silly question, What's the go with the rear cowling cover "glovebox". I've not seen one before and was wondering if it was a custom item or something off the shelf..
It's pricey. I paid a bit over $500 for it, already painted to match. I wanted it as a place to stash my .45 ACP 1911 Kimber Grand Raptor when at places that don't allow carrying of weapons. Oklahoma is a Constitutional Carry state, no permit needed. But there are a few places you can't have one. Sad to say. The fitment isn't the greatest. I had to use washers in varying amounts at all four mounting locations to get it right. Once I had it right, I super-glued all the washers in place on the underside so they wouldn't get lost when removing it. Not a problem for me, but you know, some people like to whine. LOL!!

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive fuel system
Tire Wheel Vehicle Fuel tank Automotive tire
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive tail & brake light

1 - 18 of 18 Posts