M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
817 Posts
A little too much. More interested in a clear shield that would flow with the nacelle.

·
Registered
817 Posts
muahman said:
No No no!!!!! NO WINDSHIELDS SHOULD BE PUT ON THIS BIKE!
Try doing 3000 miles in a week and see how you feel about that.

I do a fair number of longer rides. A quick-detach windshield is practically a must for that. I do agree, under normal circumstances, no shield! :doorag:

·
Registered
817 Posts
ppridgen1 said:
yes ,but not one of those chips style windshields they take away from the astetics of the whole bike
True dat! I saw someone here who adapted one, and while it seemed to fit nice, cop-style shields are a no-go for sure.

·
Registered
343 Posts
muahman said:
No No no!!!!! NO WINDSHIELDS SHOULD BE PUT ON THIS BIKE!
If you want a bike with a windshield buy a Goldwing, Vulcan, or some crapped up Road star with bags, shields and fringe bolted on and dangling off. Geeez, how many sport bikes do you see with a mainsail attached to the front end????? After all, this bike is derived after sport bikes. This bike is an a$$ kicker and NOT a touring bike.
As for this pic, if you've got to have a shield this would be the way to go but it knocks about half the COOL factor off of the bike! :edit:

G

·
Wanted said:
Try doing 3000 miles in a week and see how you feel about that.

I do a fair number of longer rides. A quick-detach windshield is practically a must for that. I do agree, under normal circumstances, no shield! :doorag:
I agree,,a quick on and off windsheild would be a plus on a long ride...I'd buy one....

·
Registered
152 Posts
They make a bike for every application, why not get the right tool for the job instead of turning a hammer into a screw driver. If you want to tour (3000) miles in a weak, buy a touring bike, this is a power cruiser with lots of attitude putting a windshield of any type would be a real shame.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I think the bike is what the owner wants it to be (touring, cruiser, etc). If we start having blinders about what the bike should be, we would start sounding like those V-rod haters when talking about anything not Harley!!!! I for one love making things mine and not worrying about copying anything and anybody. In essence do what you want, when you want, and how you want to!! :joke:

·
Registered
93 Posts
EL said:
I think the bike is what the owner wants it to be (touring, cruiser, etc). If we start having blinders about what the bike should be, we would start sounding like those V-rod haters when talking about anything not Harley!!!! I for one love making things mine and not worrying about copying anything and anybody. In essence do what you want, when you want, and how you want to!! :joke:
i agree to each is on.... it is what you want it to be :doorag:

P.S. try extending the chrome with it

·
Registered
752 Posts
EL said:
I agree. I don't like the windshield myself but will probably get a small quick release one for the occasional trip. That makes more sense to me than buying a $15,000 bike for that occasional trip. But again, to each his own.

·
Very Active Member
5,784 Posts
yeah it does have that Aliens look. I agree with some of the other guys above. There is no way that a windshield will look good on this bike and if somebody can, i'd like to meet em cuz they're one hell of a designer. If you want a touring bike get a goldwing. ....and while we're at it, what's all this crap about sissy bars? Nothing with the word sissy in it should ever be touching this bad mf bike. The guys with the goldwings and trikes need to sell those and buy a convertible car, because by the time you get that much crap on a bike, that's all it is. Let's see...maybe some GPS, AC, heat, DVD entertainment, reverse gear, automatic transmission

sorry that's my rant for the day...time to go get some caffeine

·
Registered
3,121 Posts
It does look a little alien... BUT I still think it is the best yet. Maybe just a little tweaking... flair the top or something...
Looks much better than others I have seen. I think I would want it to gradually fade from my color to clear as it neared the top...

·
Registered
343 Posts
BlkM109r said:
yeah it does have that Aliens look. I agree with some of the other guys above. There is no way that a windshield will look good on this bike and if somebody can, i'd like to meet em cuz they're one hell of a designer. If you want a touring bike get a goldwing. ....and while we're at it, what's all this crap about sissy bars? Nothing with the word sissy in it should ever be touching this bad mf bike. The guys with the goldwings and trikes need to sell those and buy a convertible car, because by the time you get that much crap on a bike, that's all it is. Let's see...maybe some GPS, AC, heat, DVD entertainment, reverse gear, automatic transmission

sorry that's my rant for the day...time to go get some caffeine

AMEN to that!!!!! If you need that much comfort you should just trade your 9'er in for a Winnebago or a plane ticket to your chosen destination. And 3000 miles on your 9'er would be cool. Kinda like the Ironman competition. If you can do that then "You da man!" :bigthumbsup:

1 - 20 of 27 Posts