M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've seen a few pics here and there but for those lucky few of you with NOS, where did you purchase? Good experience with install, etc.?

Alan the rookie

·
Registered
178 Posts
J R said:
If Directline sold a nitrous kit made for the 109 and tested ect how many of you would buy one? Just curious? What would you expect to pay ?
You could put me down for a set, if it's not too expensive. I don't have enough experience with buying them to be able to list a price, but I wouldn't want to spend more than around $400-$500.

:bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
27 Posts
400-500 range i'd been in. It'll be good to see how people adjust their fuel for it. I'm running a FI2000R so I would just crank up the third pot if I was gonna spray. A wet system would be nice just so you get the fuel too.

·
Very Active Member
5,784 Posts
stupid question here but me and a bud were discussing this the other day. Is there any use for Nos anywhere other than at the dragstrip? As cool as it would be to have 2 little chrome bottles mounted to rear fender struts, etc.......if i don't drag race, can it ever be used on the street safely? My understanding is that you have to be at full throttle to engage it. Is that right?

·
Registered
572 Posts
I want a kit that isn't visible, so when I pull up next to a fast crotch rocket, can just laugh at him, and proceed to smoke him all the way up till I run out of speed limiter...

:)

·
Registered
1,846 Posts

·
M109Riders Founder
8,014 Posts
Chuck said:
Lamont,

This looks like these kits are for 4 cylinder motors. I would think a kit for a twin would be cheaper than a kit for a 4 cyl? Is this logic all wet??

Chuck
If it was a direct inject (wet) it would be cheaper (not much) but if it's a dry kit it would be the same.

·
M109Riders Founder
8,014 Posts
BlkM109r said:
stupid question here but me and a bud were discussing this the other day. Is there any use for Nos anywhere other than at the dragstrip? As cool as it would be to have 2 little chrome bottles mounted to rear fender struts, etc.......if i don't drag race, can it ever be used on the street safely? My understanding is that you have to be at full throttle to engage it. Is that right?
Guess it what kind of guy your are. I do burnouts on my Boss when I'm by myself and I've hit my nitrous more times by myself than I have on the track or while racing. I just like the rush. :evil:

The very first time I rode this bike I did a 120hp hit of nitrous on it. It was built to just under 400 hp already without the nitrous. 8) I had never ridden a V8 Chopper, it had no foot brake, just a hand brake where the clutch would be (it's a auto) and that was about as good as dragging your feet on a bigwheel, it was a hardtail with fixed pegs (didn't fold up). You want to talk about a wild ride. :eek: I hit the button doing about 40 mph (not full throtttle) and smoked the tire well over 100mph. :yikes: Stopping was real fun, your mind wants to push a rear peddle but there isn't one and you don't want to grab too much front brake doing 100+ on a V8 chopper. :eek:

It took me a week to wipe the smile off of my face. :D

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
Lamont,

That would be one heck of a RUSHHHHHHHHHHHHH! Don't know if I have that in me. On the other hand, I do love acceleration & burnouts which are at the opposite ends of the spectrom.

Good acceleration is lacking when burning out but it shure is FUN! :bigthumbsup: :doorag:

·
Registered
131 Posts
Well, if you all want to go fast, why not buy this little bike:

http://www.marineturbine.com/motorsports.asp

MTT Turbine Superbike
Â
As the leaders in turbine innovation, MTT has produced the ultimate in high performance machines: the MTT Turbine SUPERBIKE. The critically acclaimed SUPERBIKE is the world's first turbine powered street legal motorcycle in its class, and has been recognized by Guinness World Records as the "Most Powerful Motorcycle Ever to Enter Series Production" and the "Most Expensive Production Motorcycle". Powered by a Rolls Royce Allison gas turbine engine, the SUPERBIKE has demonstrated over 300 hp and 425 ft/lbs of torque on the Dyno Jet 200, and has been clocked at a record-breaking 227 mph.

Representing the latest in engineering technology, the bike features carbon fiber fairings, a rear mounted camera with LCD color display, forward- and rear-looking radar detector with laser scrambler, one touch "Smart Start" ignition, and more. The MTT Turbine SUPERBIKE is starring in the Warner Brothers movie "TORQUE", and Men's Journal lists the bike as one the most "awe-inspiring, innovative, and otherwise amazing designs" in their feature article "Perfect Stuff". With production limited to five per year, it's no wonder the SUPERBIKE has become a revolution.

Engine: Rolls Royce Allison 250 series gas turbine Power 320 HP @52,000 rpm (286 HP @ rear wheel)

Torque: 425 ft/lbs @ 2,000 rpm

Output RPM: 6,000 rpm

Compressor Speed: 54,000 rpm

Weight: 500 lbs

Frame: aluminum alloy

Fairings: carbon fiber

Rake: 27 degrees

Seat Height: 31.5 in

Wheel Base: 68 in

Wheels: 17" carbon fiber, Dymag

Tires - Front: 120 60ZR17, Pirelli
  - Rear: 200 50ZR17, Pirelli

Brakes: 3x320 mm floating system- 4 piston

calipers, Brembo

Shocks: mono-shock adjustable oleopneumatic, Ohlins

Front Forks: 55 mm inverted

Fuel: diesel, kerosene

Fuel Capacity: 8.5 gallons (34 liters)

Lubrication: dry-sump/3.5 quarts turbine oil

Transmission: 2 speed automatic

Rear View: rear mounted camera with LCD color display plus side mirrors

Seat: single or double

Colors: infinite custom colors

Price: only $150,000 USDÂ :eek:

Here is a report about Jay Lenos MTT jet-bike:
http://www.rideontv.com/episodes/CRN0005/leno.html

·
Registered
131 Posts
J R: These guys and the owner of this company are total pussys.They turned down several times legit chances to prove there bike was king by freinds of mine who had Turbo Busa,s and where even willing to bet BIG money and they didnt wanna run them not even top end.There total crap talkers I have seen the letters and know the people involved.The bike is cool as far as the neato factor but they know it wont TRULY run with a turbo Busa not even a bolt on kit any joe shnoe can buy.Im not impressed with them at all they had a legit chance to prove there product as well a chance to do it on the discovery channel and turned it down.Another con artist...................J.R....................Oh and 320 h.p on a bike...Please man welcome to the 80,s
LOL! Thanks for your comment, JR. I already thought so, because I do not think too much of Jay Leno. But having a jet engine on a bike sounded pretty interesting to me. Maybe YOU could help them getting some decent power from it?

Besides a thing that already makes me wonder: Regardless how much hp you have on your back tire, the main point is always the back tires traction on the street, right?
So if you guys invest so much money in more HP, do you as well plan to install back tires with a better grip/softer rubber mix?

·
Very Active Member
5,784 Posts
done a 200yd burnout in a car, but on a bike, seems a little scary. I had a 71 Cutlass SX, very rare model that was like the luxury model 442. Only 1300 of them made. 455cid motor. Didn't have posi though so it made for an interesting ride! That car was amazing, the rush of the torque and HP, very similar to the 109 feeling. My dad rebuilt the motor once when i was in high school. Took it out for its maiden voyage. Roasted em through first, got a little sideways goin to second, and chirped again at 83mph into third..........and it was an automatic! man i wish I had never sold that car :realmad:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts