M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
DMV riders, where are you and where do you hang out? Where and when are the good bike hang out spots?

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Diggy, I'm in the same area. So far I only know of two places where people hang out. K2 in Woodbridge off of Rt1 and TGIFriday's on King St, both on Thursday nights. The only thing is that in both spots the people are more interested in hanging out inside the bar and not really socializing outside.

When I lived in Atlanta there was a gas station where all of the bikers would just go to hang out. If someone was about to go out for a ride, people would ask and tag along and Sunday's there would be a huge bike night at a bar, but everyone always hung out outiside of it and just congregated.

They used to hang out at the BP/Sonoco on Pennsylvania in DC, but I haven't driven past there in awhile. The only other hang I normally do is in MD out on Indian Head highway, but speeders and stunt riders always draw out the police heavy on that strip.

I looking for a place where people can pull up and hang out and just chat.

·
Registered
852 Posts
I've been thinking about seeing if we could get something started at the Buffalo Wild Wings either by Potomac Mills Mall, or the new one in Manassas (Harris Teeter shopping center on the corner of Prince William Parkway and Liberia Ave). Might wanna take a ride to both locations on Saturday and see if we can set something up?

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The thing that I've noticed about some hang outs is that you have to have food and gas nearby.

Both locations have that but I think the Potomac location is better.

·
Registered
2,909 Posts
Old Town is a place where some bikes gather frequently. Although I don't live there any longer, I think that the National Harbor could be a great place to start something up because in addition to being a pleasant area, it is also convenient to the DMV members.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Old Town is a place where some bikes gather frequently. Although I don't live there any longer, I think that the National Harbor could be a great place to start something up because in addition to being a pleasant area, it is also convenient to the DMV members.
Which Old Town? Alexandria or Manassas.

·
Registered
852 Posts
Last I heard about Old Town Alexandria they ticket for loud exhausts, which is why I avoid that area on my bike. I'd rather something that had a large parking lot where we could get a designated area for the bikes to park at.

·
Registered
2,909 Posts
Last I heard about Old Town Alexandria they ticket for loud exhausts, which is why I avoid that area on my bike. I'd rather something that had a large parking lot where we could get a designated area for the bikes to park at.
Old Town, Alexandria. Potomac Mills parking lot could be a good place, it has the theatre plus a few restaurants. On Wednesdays bikers use to set up over by the Home Depot in Woodbridge right across from Lowes.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I've got a free weekend next week (Aug 4-5). Anyone up for a meet and ride? I don't have an agenda or route planned yet. Wife wants me out of the house and I figure a ride is just the answer.

·
Radio Active Member
27,688 Posts
I went to National Harbor a couple of times with a few 9's and the :cop: seemed to really keep an eye on us. But this was when they where just opening.

·
Radio Active Member
27,688 Posts
I've got a free weekend next week (Aug 4-5). Anyone up for a meet and ride? I don't have an agenda or route planned yet. Wife wants me out of the house and I figure a ride is just the answer.
Sounds like a CFS(Chicken Fried Steak) run is needed. I'll have to find the name of the place but it is just over skyline. A nice set of twisties right to it.

·
Registered
852 Posts
Sounds like a CFS(Chicken Fried Steak) run is needed. I'll have to find the name of the place but it is just over skyline. A nice set of twisties right to it.
When we doin' this, Ryan? I've got til Oct. 19th to ride, then I get shut down due to partial knee replacement surgery. I'm trying to get as much riding in as I can!!!

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I'm free the weekends of the 8th and 29th of September. Sundays I'm pretty much free except the 16th.

·
Registered
591 Posts
Yea VA riders we've been slacking. I'm swapped this weeknd and on Sundays after 11:30am. I should be free Saturday September 22nd and 29th. Maybe we can get even get something going with the Southern MD guys as well. Do a DMV ride, lol.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Shorten Stockers

Who or where can I go to to get someone to possibly shorten my stock exhaust? I missed out on a sale of one on the forum and now I've really been wanting a set.

·
Registered
485 Posts
Where in the world have "I" been... hahaha

Buffalo WW or Potomac Mills would be idea... ESPECIALLY, once they finish up all those restaurants next to the Theatre...

National Harbor sweats bikers too much yo :cop:... Plus the don't allow you to park more than 1 bike in a parking spot. :-\

1 - 20 of 20 Posts