M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I took a ride to get some of the good colors we're experiencing right now. Fall is in full bloom. The colors, sun and clouds made a very photogenic day. The Connie an I had a good day for riding.

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
HEre is another from about a week ago. The first minute is boring because it's just straight away and no colors but after that it gets better.

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
and another one, this one is on M119 otherwise known as the Tunnel of Trees. It's a lane and a half wide, I don't know if you'd call it semi twisty or what but it's a nice ride along the Lake Michigan shoreline.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Thanks for the video! It's raining here in PA. Watching the video was the next best thing to going for a morning ride. What kind of camera are you using? And what about road signs? Some of those curves looked fairly steep, yet I saw now yellow and black curve warning signs. Not used in Michigan?

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Thanks for the video! It's raining here in PA. Watching the video was the next best thing to going for a morning ride. What kind of camera are you using? And what about road signs? Some of those curves looked fairly steep, yet I saw now yellow and black curve warning signs. Not used in Michigan?
The camera I used in these videos is a Kodak 13 megapixel. It's actually my daughters camera. M119 is a 1 and a half lane rd along the Lake Mi. shoreline. The speed limit is 35 mph in most spots and 45 in a few. People flock from all over to ride this road. It really isn't that good of a road for motorcycles. I usually get out there early in the morning before the traffic hits. Of course early in the morning there are quite a bit of deer and turkeys. The road is actually about 25 miles long and there is some tight twisty stuff. It's usually full of bicycles and old folks in cars. Sand gathers in some of the curves. I only recorded maybe 7 miles of it in this video. I have other videos of it on my Youtube page. videos of Pikes Peak, the dragon and many of me running around Northern Michigan. Glad you liked the videos. Some of the videos I was wearing a helmet cam but I have retired that. My passenger footpeg mount works much better.
There are signs, I went back and watched the video they are hard to see in the video though. This road doesn't have a middle line and I used to have a hard time with that. I'm used to it now. We have a few scenic roads up here that don't have the center line.

http://www.youtube.com/user/chefm109r?feature=mhum

1 - 5 of 5 Posts