M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I've only had my new 109 a short time but I have yet to see one on the road to see what they look like moving, anyone from LA, TX, OK, AR who ever get this way lets set up a ride. I am really getting tired of doing all my rides by myself, and it seems there are nothing but Harleys ands sports bikes around here, at least that is all that I have met up with. Beginning to think I need to move which isn't a bad idea but don't think the wife would.

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
lol.. thats pretty funny bro. I know for a fact there are at least 6 other 109's in Austin, granted I don't think Back-N-Black can ride his right now due to a busted front wheel, but unless I set up a ride with people, I never see another 109 either. I kinda like it myself, but then I have a lot of friends who ride so I almost never HAVE to ride alone.. but given that the only guys that keep up with me well are the ones on the sportbikes, and they don't like the 9 showing them up much, I typically ride solo when I want to just have some fun anyway.

Went out yesterday with my buddy who has a 1300 VTX and he was getting pissed at how fast I left him in the twisties.. And he's been riding non-stop for >30 years. He said the VTX just don't have as much cornering as I apparently do :dontknow: , dunno, haven't ridden a VTX myself, but while I could still see him in my mirrors :D It looked to me like he just wasn't leaning it hard enough.. Don't think it feels as comfortable down on the peg feelers as the 109.

Guess what I'm babbling about is that for me, its not always about having someone to ride with, its more about just being able to ride. Nothing relaxes me more than ripping up some twisties and hitting a straight away only to discover I'm already doing 2x the "safe" speed for the curves I just exited and often exceeding the posted speed. USUALLY not intentionally, but all too frequently none-the-less. :bigthumbsup: :bigthumbsup:

G

·
Fort Smith, Arkansas here. A little too far north to set up a ride on a whim, but maybe I'll be down your way sometime.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts