M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
723 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It does it when I turn the fuel on and continues while riding even off the throttle. Is it normal?

·
Registered
115 Posts
ok what are we looking at?

·
Registered
115 Posts
I guess I have never seen this. I know its behind the exhaust, but I haven`t seen that black cover.:dontknow:

·
Registered
179 Posts
I don't know what it is and I don't know where it goes, but that movement/clicking sound isn't normal. There's supposed to be only silence after the fuel injection's been primed.
Are you on the right hand side of the bike, shooting down behind the exhaust? I gotta check that out tomorrow.

·
Registered
918 Posts
that is the s.e.t. valve moving, and it is on an aftermarket bracket for the pipes. The cables have been removed and a cam installed to fool the pc on the bike. you can simply unplug the plug and remove it all together if you pull the wire from the pc plug. just do a search on disable the s.e.t. valve.

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
that is the s.e.t. valve moving, and it is on an aftermarket bracket for the pipes. The cables have been removed and a cam installed to fool the pc on the bike. you can simply unplug the plug and remove it all together if you pull the wire from the pc plug. just do a search on disable the s.e.t. valve.
:agree:

So, yes, it is normal if you have aftermarket pipes and have kept the SET mounted.

On the other hand, it does not need to be normal as you can remove the SET completely.

·
Registered
723 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Is it complicated to remove. i did a search but not quite understanding the stuff i found. I bought the bike with the pipes done and the dealer i was told did the swap. so if it does not affect the bike one way or the other. i def want to take it off

·
Registered
5,841 Posts
It is not complicated to remove the SET. Just unbolt it, unplug it and toss it in the shatcan. To unplug the wire from the ECU, here is a link with instructions.

http://www.bigpapam109.com/downloads/disable_set.pdf

Its actually easier than that, I removed the sidecover, dis-connected the connector, and used a pair of needle-nose pliers to gently but firmly pull the wire out of the connector. Plugged it back in and DONE!

Oh yeah, that set-up for mounting the SET is exactly like the one that came with my Cobra Tri-Pro 2-into1.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts