M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did a search and came up with tons of stuff, but didn't really answer a couple basic questions I have.
I want to add a JSD-3m and do the stock exhaust mod (drill 8 holes). My question is 2 part:
Will I see any performance increase?
Can I do this without adding the pciii or dyno testing or remapping, et al? In other words, just do it, without any issues?

Now, can I then do the bottlefed mod (same questions, i.e., performance increase / no remapping, screwing with $$ tuning)?

Obviously, I want to do these mods (low$$) without spending big$$ this time of year.
Thanks

·
Registered
4,579 Posts
Well, I've done everything you are looking to do. My exhaust is drilled with 8 holes as well as two inner baffle walls each pipe, JSD-3M, and newly installed Bottlefed mod. I just got back from my first ride a minute ago. My throttle seems more responsive with the increased air. Generally, you're gonna lean your bike out, so you will need some way of giving the bike more fuel... which means getting a PCIII or at least a Cobra FI2000. If you check my other thread, pretty much on this exact same thing, you'll see the responses I've gotten. The bottom line is, if you want to take the most advantage of the exhaust and intake mods, you gotta get a PCIII and a custom map made specifically for your bike.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey Medic,
Thanks for the quick reply. Do you have the pciii, etc, installed or was today's run with just the 3 mods mentioned? I'm certain I can get better performance with pciii, and dyno than without, but if I don't add that, will these other 3 mods work "ok", as in no ping, backfire, damage, etc. or is it a "must" to do the pciii fi2000 thing too?
Thanks again..

·
Registered
4,579 Posts
Bullwhip said:
Hey Medic,
Thanks for the quick reply. Do you have the pciii, etc, installed or was today's run with just the 3 mods mentioned? I'm certain I can get better performance with pciii, and dyno than without, but if I don't add that, will these other 3 mods work "ok", as in no ping, backfire, damage, etc. or is it a "must" to do the pciii fi2000 thing too?
Thanks again..
Today's run was just with those 3 mods. As for pinging or detonation issues d/t running lean... well, I'm not real sure. I can't hear any, but it could technically still be doing it. Just to be on the safe side, I'm gonna install the PCIII, because running lean can damage your bike.

·
Registered
3,121 Posts
Bullwhip said:
Did a search and came up with tons of stuff, but didn't really answer a couple basic questions I have.
I want to add a JSD-3m and do the stock exhaust mod (drill 8 holes). My question is 2 part:
Will I see any performance increase?
Can I do this without adding the pciii or dyno testing or remapping, et al? In other words, just do it, without any issues?

Now, can I then do the bottlefed mod (same questions, i.e., performance increase / no remapping, screwing with $$ tuning)?

Obviously, I want to do these mods (low$$) without spending big$$ this time of year.
Thanks
If you do the JSD-3m it will be faster, no more HP, just faster/smoother because the timing retard is gone. I remember it was awesome when I did it.
Then do the first two centers on your pipe.
You will feel/be faster and sound better. Then save the $$ till you can get the PCIII and intake done at the same time and it will really wake it up!
Yes then you will actually get more HP/TQE
Plus, this gives you some time to see if you want/need to more drilling on the pipes.

Sledzep

·
Registered
514 Posts
sledzep01 said:
If you do the JSD-3m it will be faster, no more HP, just faster/smoother because the timing retard is gone. I remember it was awesome when I did it.
I would agree, unless you are talking about 5th gear. No it won't make more hp in 5th..... it will however give you back the hp that Suzuki limits in 5th gear (it's jsut a few hp, but hp none the less).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts