M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whats up guys, this is my first post and what better way than to start off with a question. How many miles did yall get out of the stock front tire? I'm at 8k and it still looks good. I'm pretty sure i can get more mileage but I really like the look of the Metz 160.

·
Registered
195 Posts
:welcome::welcome:I had to change both of mine out at 12,500. I went with the Avon Cobra Z71/2s and the are holding up well. I think anything but the stock Dunlops will do you right. Ride on and don't be afraid to hold her in the 90s on long trips. She won't break for noone. This beast is more hard headed than the Marine Corps!!!

·
Registered
711 Posts
:welcome::welcome:I had to change both of mine out at 12,500.
I think 12,500 miles on the stock tire is damn good considering the bad rap they seem to have on this forum. I've been able to get about 10 grand out of mine and am more than happy to continue with the OEM tires.

·
Registered
195 Posts
And i suck at these post cause i always remember stuff after the fact. I would change them both out. i don't know how much you like to lean, but if you are anything like me who like to scrape pegs, you want to have a secure ride. Dunlops will hold "new," but when you want to take turns at the speed of a crotch rocket, you want to have a little extra security. I don't slow down for anything because my "Mistress" won't let me. So i [ut quality on to save my skin for my stupidity

·
Registered
195 Posts
I think 12,500 miles on the stock tire is damn good considering the bad rap they seem to have on this forum.
No they suck.. but when you can't afford a good pair and you love to ride. Them things had the "I'm about to bust" strip and everything. I pushed those until my President told me he wouldn't let me ride with the group until i changed them.

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
22,865 Posts
:welcome: and you're doing good to get that many miles.

Back when these first came out it was found you needed to run at least 42 psi in the front to keep it from cupping. I didn't and got 5200 out of mine before it was cupped so bad it would chatter in turns.

·
Registered
163 Posts
:welcome: and you're doing good to get that many miles.

Back when these first came out it was found you needed to run at least 42 psi in the front to keep it from cupping. I didn't and got 5200 out of mine before it was cupped so bad it would chatter in turns.
So your saying that I need 42 lbs in front tire not 36lbs like the sticker recommends. Then what about the back tire?? Does it matter what tire you have on there. I'm putting on the stock size front tire, 250 on rear(put on last month) just putting on Avon Cobras.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
mine went about 4500 miles before it cupped. I ran 36 like the sticker shows,Thats not what the tire shows for air pressure.

·
Registered
342 Posts
5200 on bike now ,bought new. checked tire pressure once a week factory specs. back tire doesn't pass nys inspection an front tire is cupped. ran higher pressure early on as per board .don't no if it helped any. have new e-3 250 to put on. wait till next year for front or as long as i can stand it.just a regular rider. don't know how anybody gets more miles than 6000 on theirs.:dontknow: ride safe:bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
I changed my rear tire after only 4500 Km !!! :edit: there was a lot of crack , but the front one is still good ( but not for long ) and i have a nice 14 000Km on it ... :D anyway, :congrats: for your bike, and :welcome: here with us !!

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
I have a Dunny 130 e3 front tire with only 400 miles on it and it is laying on my garage floor free to who wants to pick the piece of crap up.I switched to the Metz.160 and will never go back to dunny.again.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
welcome from milwaukee wis.

Oh ya :welcome:to the forum these guys RAWK.:doorag:

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
:welcome: I had my stockers on til I decided to by new rims/tires. I took them off at around 9,000. I probably could have gotten 10,000 out of them. Never had any performance issues.

Ride Safe

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thanks for the advice guys, im gonna ride with the stock tire for a few more days then pick up a metz 160. That fat front tire looks awesome and I hear it handles well. Thanks again guys!

·
Radio Active Member
27,669 Posts
:congrats: and :welcome: to the forum.

I did a little over 10k on my stock OE tires and could have gone a little more, but I up graded to chrome rims.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts