M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked put a used 9 yesterday and will finalize the paperwork and pick it up next Tuesday or Wed. It is at Western Honda, just wondering if it belonged to a former forum member. I'd like to know it's history as it has 10K on the clock and a few factory tasteful looking add-ons.

Anyway quite a few changes that I'll have to make over time to make this one mine but its a great start, and I'm stoked to have a 9. I've been without a bike since I sold my Euro spec 98 1500 Intruder back in 03. I loved that bike bought it new and drove it all over Europe, then here in the states it spent most of it's time in AZ and TX. I hope to be happier with the 9.

So home for me is Austin TX, but my job is here in Scottsdale for the next two years, looking forward to meeting some of you and seeing what you've done to your rides.

Anyway here are the pics

·
Registered
483 Posts
:congrats: on the new bike. What was the price for the bike? Make sure they give you the solo cover for the back seat. I live 30 minutes from you, and get out to Scottsdale every so often. Take care, Scott

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
:congrats:
welcome, let the mod bug bite
Funny, when I moved on this yesterday I said to myself... Must not Mod...:joke: Must not Mod. Of Course I have to mod, but I will try to stay away from the extreme, I don't need this 1.8 to be like my other 1.8T :cop:http://www.034motorsport.com/david-2001-tt-big-turbo-a-234.html

:congrats: on the new bike. What was the price for the bike? Make sure they give you the solo cover for the back seat. I live 30 minutes from you, and get out to Scottsdale every so often. Take care, Scott
So for the price I thought I caught a killer deal as there was a black 06 with 5K on the clock for 5900, and this one was an 07 with 10k on the clock for 6900, so I had some leverage that really worked well for me. Yep, thanks Scott they did show me the solo, My wife will only come to visit me out here once every few months so this will be a solo config for the majority of the time. -Dave

·
Registered
7,003 Posts
Yes another Texan in the AZ valley. I'm in Gilbert and ride with a couple of other 109's but havent seen that particular one. I grew up in Lubbock, San Antonio, and Del Rio and was stationed at FT Hood, TX twice. Finally someone that can understand how I talk. I have a "STOCK" 07 LE and ride as much as possible. I ride with a great bunch of guys/gals and TJKBear on the board here as well. We are the only 2 with 9's currently. We try and get together once a week for bike night and depending on what side of the valley you are on west side has theirs Tues and East side has theirs Thurs night. I think, crap I cant remember. TJKBear or my wife might chime in and correct me since I have been over here in the desert for so long I dont even remember what day it is anymore. My father says the same thing but he is retired.:joke:
:welcome:to the Valley

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm on the East Side, but will try to make the Westgate night on the 16th.

Never was stationed at Fort Hood but had plenty of friends stationed there and my son is currently stationed there. I did have some duty stations in TX, I was at Ft Bliss and Ft Sam, and have called Round Rock home for the last decade.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
welcome from milwaukee wis.

:congrats: and enjoy the fastest color that Zuk maid.Ride safe Ride smart Stay alive.

Attachments

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
No Problem, I couldn't have made it out to the Westside this Thurs anyway. I will make it out for the 16th though, I'd like to meet up with some of you and get your take on some mods before I take any action.

So Here are a few things I've been reading about that seem like no brainers, that hopefully I can see in person.

Timing Retard Fix
http://jsdproducts.com/Product_Info/JSD-1A/jsd-1a.html

DeBeaver
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Moto...5482108QQptZMotorcyclesQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

Led front signals
http://www.m109riders.com/forums/showthread.php?t=134296&highlight=stick+led

Tinted tail light

Debadge the M109

Debaffle the stock exhaust
http://www.m109riders.com/forums/showthread.php?t=121312

What I see already on the bike...
Suzuki Carbon Fiber handle bar riser trim
Suzuki Carbon Fiber lower frame covers
Suzuki Carbon Fiber trim for the speedo
Suzuki Chrome axle cover
Suzuki Sport Windshield
Suzuki 1.5" engine case guards
3" riser extensions

·
Registered
160 Posts
Yes another Texan in the AZ valley. I'm in Gilbert and ride with a couple of other 109's but havent seen that particular one. I grew up in Lubbock, San Antonio, and Del Rio and was stationed at FT Hood, TX twice. Finally someone that can understand how I talk. I have a "STOCK" 07 LE and ride as much as possible. I ride with a great bunch of guys/gals and TJKBear on the board here as well. We are the only 2 with 9's currently. We try and get together once a week for bike night and depending on what side of the valley you are on west side has theirs Tues and East side has theirs Thurs night. I think, crap I cant remember. TJKBear or my wife might chime in and correct me since I have been over here in the desert for so long I dont even remember what day it is anymore. My father says the same thing but he is retired.:joke:
:welcome:to the Valley
East Siders meet on Tuesday nights, West Siders on Thursday night :bigthumbsup:
You've been away too long my friend ;)

I'm on the East Side, but will try to make the Westgate night on the 16th.

Never was stationed at Fort Hood but had plenty of friends stationed there and my son is currently stationed there. I did have some duty stations in TX, I was at Ft Bliss and Ft Sam, and have called Round Rock home for the last decade.
I will most likely be at Westgate this week. I'll be parked next to my wife's Red Can Am Spyder. Hope to meet ya out there :welcome:

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
So all my tools are in TX... Anyone have a garage at the house and the hole saw tools etc to debaffle? I'd really like to open the exhuast up this weekend.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Busy day so far...

I went to Harbor Freight and bought some "basic tools" and then installed my grashopper (first step down a slippery slope)

I then ordered:
A Brakeaway cruise control
A Kuryakyn throttle Boss
A pair of Kuryakyn transformer grips
A Tank Cover Carbon look to match the other carbon bits...

Only things left that I need to buy / install before my wife comes out here for our trip to Vegas 15 Oct is a rear seat and rack/track day electronics GPD/ATRE

1 - 13 of 13 Posts