M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those of you who like modular helmets, you might want to check out the Nolan N103 the next time you're looking for a new lid. I just picked one up, and I love it. It's one of the quietest helmet's I've had...really keeps wind noise to a minimum, and it's got an internal sun shade that I like a lot...no need to get into swapping out face shields. Just flip it up or down, as needed.

Although I don't have the electronics yet, it's set up for Nolan's NCOM system...bluetooth capable, it'll connect to cell phone, MP3 players (in stereo), GPS, bike-to-bike com systems, etc. The electronics are extra and not cheap...although the "basic kit" can be had for just under $100...to my knowledge that's just speakers and volume control, and a wired jack for an iPod, or similar device. Bluetooth stuff is another 2 bills and change. I can't speak to the quality of any of the electronics:dontknow:, but even without all that junk, it's a nice helmet.

·
Registered
4,008 Posts
That's one of the helmets I was looking at when I was in the market. It looks like the peripheral field of view is almost like not having a helmet on at all, which is what I was looking for. I went with the HJC IS-MAX. I ordered it a few days ago, and it's on a 3-6 week backorder:cus:!!!!

-Josh

·
Registered
299 Posts
N103.

Hey there.Wanted to buy one of these helmets when they first came out.That was over 12 months ago.But here in OZ,because of our ADR's,the N103(as well as the HJC IS-Max)helmet has not yet become available for sale.Although the supplier keeps saying that it is because of ADR's, I tend to think that because there are still a lot of the N102's around, they are not going to release the N103 until old stocks have been depleted.Could get one from over there,but then it wouldn't comply with Ozzie ADR's,and be deemed illegal.So,we will have to wait till the helmet is released here.KEZZ>:bigthumbsup::bigthumbsup:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts