M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering if anyone else has a lot of transmission noise? It seems to be louder with clutch released in neutral, almost sounds like clutch basket rattle. When you pull the clutch in it goes away. Any information would be helpful. thanks

G

·
Mine too. Sometimes I wonder if I have a Ducati clutch to go with the GSXR components. ;) I think its normal. I will bring it up at my 600 mile service.

G

·
Yep got it to..In neutral....it seems to be the loadest,,,pull in the clutch lever and goes away some..but riding down the road not noticable....try barely realeasing you clutch and listen..... :D

·
Very Active Member
5,784 Posts
It is the clutch plates according to my dealer. I also thought that there was a lot of noise, idling in neutral. Took back the first week just to ask. They said it was the clutch plates rattling against each other, no big deal.

·
Registered
817 Posts
SpeedStack said:
I've only noticed that in first gear the tranny whines like a radio controlled car when coming to a stop with the clutch pulled in ( parking lot situation >10mph)

-Chad
Yeah. my last two Suzi's did this too, especially in 1st. Sounds like jet turbine winding down. Pretty normal. :)

G

·
Wanted said:
Yeah. my last two Suzi's did this too, especially in 1st. Sounds like jet turbine winding down. Pretty normal. :)
Cool I was wondering about the same thing... :DThanks for setting my mind at ease...

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
Had the same concerns about the noise.....mentioned it to the dealer and they said it was clutch basket noise which is common on some Suzuki's.
Whenever I place the bike in neutral and release the clutch I get the noise...as soon as I pull the clutch lever in, the noise disappears.
I had the 600 mile service.....not sure what weight/make of oil they used. Next oil change I'll be going to Rotell 15W-40W....that usually quiets things down.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Mine makes the exact same noise. When the clutch is squeezed and the plates are compressed it goes away. It's not the first bike I've owned that does this, this one is just a little louder. I'm sure it is a very heavy-duty clutch.

·
Registered
26 Posts
hey all, Not sure how many are aware but the rattle from the clutch is the pressure plate springs moving around. I have discovered that some people are removing the plate and tightening the springs in a vise to correct the problem. The dealer told me that of course suzuki currently offers no remedy for this. As for the whinning in 1st, that is because the transmission gears are straight cut to handle the high torque. Straight cut gears are notorious for the noise but I think it adds character.

·
Banned
346 Posts
hey all, Not sure how many are aware but the rattle from the clutch is the pressure plate springs moving around. I have discovered that some people are removing the plate and tightening the springs in a vise to correct the problem. The dealer told me that of course suzuki currently offers no remedy for this. As for the whinning in 1st, that is because the transmission gears are straight cut to handle the high torque. Straight cut gears are notorious for the noise but I think it adds character.
:eek:ldpost: A day late and a dollar short!:-\

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.