M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just became a proud new owner and a member of this board. I know it's probably normal, but it sure seems like the 109 has a lot of clunking and whirring going on. Esspecially when compared to my old (really old) GS1000EN. The bike also clanks quite a bit when you roll on the throttle. All other aspect of the bike are great.

Any comments?

G

·
I don't know about the clanking, but the whering of gears and cams should be normal. It has taken me awhile to get used to all the different noises of a dual overhead cam v twin.

Reed

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
yea it does make some noise but it be ok i thought the same think and my dealer said it was fine just how suz are

·
Registered
139 Posts
Congrats on your new ride, just keep the revs up when going slow and you won't have those clanks you have. The throttle is a little touchy, you'll get used to it tho.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Look in the search box for engine noise, clang and bang. The issue was discussed in great detail when the site first started. It was a common item of discussion. Many solutions were offered. You should be able to ascertain normal noise from on no!

·
Registered
107 Posts
You need to here my Buell run with that Harley XL engine now that is a noisy clunker. When I shift in to first gear you know it hell it announces it to the neighbors.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks Guys. This is a great forum, and I've learned a lot in a short period of time. I think the bike is quieting down some, but I've only got 250 miles so far. I just love this bike. Funniest thing is that my (Forever Harley) brother in law came over to see the bike and suddenly blew a seal and dropped 3 qts of oil on the way and had to push to my house. The first thing he said when he saw it was "Man I should buy a Suzuki!"

Thanks for all the advice.

·
Registered
1,918 Posts
This will stir the pot make sure nothing sticks to the bottom.

·
Registered
388 Posts
It took me quite awhile before I stopped thinking something was going to drop out of the engine and realize it was normal. I recently rode a new Star Stratoliner? at Americade and couldn't believe how much noise came out of that engine, when I got back on mine I thought it was super quiet.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
It took me quite awhile before I stopped thinking something was going to drop out of the engine and realize it was normal. I recently rode a new Star Stratoliner? at Americade and couldn't believe how much noise came out of that engine, when I got back on mine I thought it was super quiet.
You got a bite Big69, reel that sucker in :doorag:

Damn......... I just noticed you got me on the 'How many miles' thread.......

1 - 13 of 13 Posts