M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, our new noise bylaw has gotten to me. First let me say this: I don't ride early in the morning or late at night: I'm not rolling in at 3 am cranking on my throttle or anything. I would say i generally ride between 10am and 9pm out of courtesy to my neighbors. And my bike is only a few dB over, but I'm still getting hassled (I think one of my douchy neighbors has called in complaints on me due to an unrelated property issue). I have yet to see a cop perform the test properly, and I videotaped them (incorrectly) attempting the test both times, which resulted in getting a warning both times, rather than a ticket. However... its not worth the hassle of getting pulled over for 40 minutes at a time, or the slight panic I feel every time I ride by a cop. So I'm having a stock exhaust ceramic coated black and going back. Like the worst kind of fart, my motorcycle will now be silent but deadly. So screw you Mr. The Man, it looks like you've won this round...

·
Registered
3,308 Posts
Well, our new noise bylaw has gotten to me. First let me say this: I don't ride early in the morning or late at night: I'm not rolling in at 3 am cranking on my throttle or anything. I would say i generally ride between 10am and 9pm out of courtesy to my neighbors. And my bike is only a few dB over, but I'm still getting hassled (I think one of my douchy neighbors has called in complaints on me due to an unrelated property issue). I have yet to see a cop perform the test properly, and I videotaped them (incorrectly) attempting the test both times, which resulted in getting a warning both times, rather than a ticket. However... its not worth the hassle of getting pulled over for 40 minutes at a time, or the slight panic I feel every time I ride by a cop. So I'm having a stock exhaust ceramic coated black and going back. Like the worst kind of fart, my motorcycle will now be silent but deadly. So screw you Mr. The Man, it looks like you've won this round...
Circus Bear,

I would like to know EXACTLY what helped you beat the tickets, so when it comes this way, I will know what to do if I get a ticket.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I for one, love the sound of a nicely tuned engine/exhaust (lord knows, I've got a garage full of em'). I don't even mind it when you can feel it in your chest as it rolls by. BUT.... having small children and a baby I can also tell you how I feel like taking aim (literally) at the HOG's who feel it necessary to full-throttle their HD Easy Chair's through my neighborhood, my windows buzzing and waking my napping children. Seriously! They don't go any faster at full throttle do they?

There is a time and a place - and it sounds like you're one of the one's who respects that. But as always, a few bad apples - yada, yada. Sorry about your luck.

·
Registered
913 Posts
Which pipes do you have? B/c there are thing you do to the baffles of your pipes to make them quieter. I would suggest you look into repacking your baffles first, esp if you like the look of your aftermarket pipes

1 - 5 of 5 Posts