M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys i have no spark on the two plugs that run off of those fancy looking spark plug wires the regular spar plug wires no problem lots of spark any ideas on what it could be ...... i have already tryed two diffrent set of plugs thanks for the help

·
Registered
199 Posts
What fancy plug wires are you talking about Thud?? Did you buy some after markets??

·
Registered
2,804 Posts
If your talking about the spark plugs in the center of the head with the flat cable, this is controlled by the ECM. You can't test it by setting the plug on the motor and cranking it.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
lol ya they are the plugs in the center .... i did test the the plug coils that go on those plugs with a ohm meter and they are within the spec the dealer gave to me , so i gues now there are only two other possibilities the pick up coils are shot or the ecm is .. went through the bike and checked all the connection they are all tight and cant see any damaged wires so i gues now i have to take it to the dealer so they can put there diagnostick meter on it to see if there are any codes that come up

·
Registered
199 Posts
Good to know...I still haven't changed my plugs and I'm at almost 18,000 km's...just haven't had the time to sit there and do them...

·
Registered
2,804 Posts
lol ya they are the plugs in the center .... i did test the the plug coils that go on those plugs with a ohm meter and they are within the spec the dealer gave to me , so i gues now there are only two other possibilities the pick up coils are shot or the ecm is .. went through the bike and checked all the connection they are all tight and cant see any damaged wires so i gues now i have to take it to the dealer so they can put there diagnostick meter on it to see if there are any codes that come up
So just out of curiosity, how do you know these plugs are not firing? I could be wrong, but I don't thing they are going to fire, just cranking over the engine.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i put 4 new plugs in went for a 1,000 kilometer ride when i came back i checked all for plugs because my gas millege went into the toilet and the center twoo plugs we not firing so i replaced the center two plugs went for another long ride check the two center ones agaian and they were not firing so i took the plug coils off used my ohm metere to test them and they were as i said within the specs the dealer gave me.... from what i understand the wires that go to the coil plugs come from the ecu , so i hope my ecu isnt screwed but i think the fi light would come on if there was something wrong with the ecu

·
Registered
199 Posts
Not sure if I've missed something here but I thought there was only 1 plug per cylinder?? Thuder you bought 4?? What are the two middle plugs you talk of...

·
Registered
1,842 Posts
2 plugs per cylinder on our bikes dude....
do you need a service manual ???
they are free.8)

·
Registered
199 Posts
Got my plugs finally done...only just over the 18,000 km mark...lol...I think it was suppose to be done around the 12,000 mark...o well I haven't had any problems just wanted to finally get them done.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts