M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What gives. I applied for credit with Suzuki today, and guess what they turned me down! The guy at the dealer said He got me approved by Yamaha, Honda, and Kawasaki, but Suzuki said no. He then proceded to try and sell me on a warrior. No thanks! I am so damn mad. I already have a VTX 1800C I was going to trade in but oh well. I can't believe a guy that works two jobs, one being a firefighter can't get approved. I mean dam I own my house and two other vehicles. What gives?

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
don't give up so easilly. i'm sure there are other places you can apply besides suzuki!

·
Registered
817 Posts
jrpostell said:
What gives. I applied for credit with Suzuki today, and guess what they turned me down! The guy at the dealer said He got me approved by Yamaha, Honda, and Kawasaki, but Suzuki said no. He then proceded to try and sell me on a warrior. No thanks! I am so damn mad. I already have a VTX 1800C I was going to trade in but oh well. I can't believe a guy that works two jobs, one being a firefighter can't get approved. I mean dam I own my house and two other vehicles. What gives?
Have you checked your credit score with all three bureaus? It's possible that Suzuki is using a different bureau than some others, and you might have a bad score with that one. Just a thought.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Didn't think about the different credit bureaus. I really wanted to do the $159 a month thing so I could spend more on accessories when they come out. Maybe if I could sell the VTX ................ anyone interested ?

·
Registered
49 Posts
You could have too many inquiries on your credit report. If you are a firefighter then you should be able to get a loan through your credit union with no problem. I am a cop and the credit union approves me for any and everything. I had a loan for 2 cars and a bike at one time. Now I only have one for the M109.. Give it a shot.. besides, the rates are better..

·
Registered
314 Posts
I'm a steelworker and went through my credit union, 4.5 % :D for 60 months.  I put half down but that rate was regardless of down payment.

·
Registered
117 Posts
I was approved for 12.5k through Suzuki just so I could walk out the door with one that day, but the interest rate was around 17% :eek:. So I used Fifth Third and got a 7% fixed for 36 months and shredded the contract with Suzuki.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Have you tried Capitol One Blank Check? Mine was 8.9% APR

·
Radio Active Member
27,669 Posts
If you own your home, why don't you get a home equity loan/line? You can write off the interest as well. Good luck.

·
Registered
326 Posts
rynosback said:
If you own your home, why don't you get a home equity loan/line? You can write off the interest as well. Good luck.
This guy knows how to do it.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I had to go through my bank becareful of a home equity loan...I do believe in texas they can take your place over a tiny loan but I am not quite sure with the fact of I have not dealt much with it.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
BigwheelGoat said:
I had to go through my bank becareful of a home equity loan...I do believe in texas they can take your place over a tiny loan but I am not quite sure with the fact of I have not dealt much with it.
Well, that would only be if one were to default on the loan, right?

·
Registered
56 Posts
6.9% fixed at my local credit union.

Your Fico is what drives the whole process. As stated you may have to many inquiries. Each inquiry is a hit against your FICO.

Their is a lot of truth behind the saying "Your just a number"

Wacky :D

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
I'd try going with some other financing offers. Usually the makers are pretty aggresive in giving loans on their own products, but maybe something screwy has shown up on your credit lately. I'd get a copy of your credit burea and check to make sure everything on there is legitimate. Good Luck!!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Here's one for you. Just sold my X yesterday and was supposed to pick up the new beast today in Sarasota. I call dealer and he has the bike ready but he says there is one small problem . The bike shipped with no front fender. Just my luck. I,ve been an Xer for five years. Great bike but ready for a little more.

·
Registered
817 Posts
xvtxer said:
Here's one for you. Just sold my X yesterday and was supposed to pick up the new beast today in Sarasota. I call dealer and he has the bike ready but he says there is one small problem . The bike shipped with no front fender. Just my luck. I,ve been an Xer for five years. Great bike but ready for a little more.
Or maybe the assembly the broke it. Wouldn't be the first time.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts