M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
dlp says they send pics and instructions with scorpion tips!!!! i got nothing with them, anybody with knowledge of the install to help me would be awesome. :edit::edit::edit::edit: DLP. click on the link for instructions and it sent me to a nudey browser!!!! ok fine, thats not exactly what i wanted:dontknow:. need to get started on this asap since i have a ride coming very shortly....THANK YOU for any help:bigthumbsup:

·
Banned
1,218 Posts
dlp says they send pics and instructions with scorpion tips!!!! i got nothing with them, anybody with knowledge of the install to help me would be awesome. :edit::edit::edit::edit: DLP. click on the link for instructions and it sent me to a nudey browser!!!! ok fine, thats not exactly what i wanted:dontknow:. need to get started on this asap since i have a ride coming very shortly....THANK YOU for any help:bigthumbsup:
Was an easy job IMHO. I didnt even remove the exhaust system.

Do a search on here, thats where I found instructions. I had a link on my puter-but that was before it crashed last week..sorry...

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
what ? .. huh ? .... naked chicks ?

:joke:

scorpions are relatively easy , cut your factory exhaust leaving a bit of room to clamp on the scorpion tips and you are good to go .... once you get all the factory chrome shields off your existing exhaust I am sure it will be clear to you on how and where to make the cuts .

I would'nt cut them on the bike however I would mark my cuts when they are on the bike .

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
after trying to find install instructions, i read that i should really use a commander. does anyone run without one??? still looking for directions!!!

·
Registered
5,867 Posts
you can use the how to shorten your stock exhaust by tugboat in the how-to section but just add the tips at the part where he adds the stock tips should help

·
Registered
5,867 Posts
you don't have to remove the actuator or cables ok

·
Banned
1,218 Posts
after trying to find install instructions, i read that i should really use a commander. does anyone run without one??? still looking for directions!!!
Yep, I'm runnin without a fuel manager and NO probs. I'm at mile high elevation and runnin bit rich anyway. But you dont need a fuel manager with just tips-only with tips and intake change such as k-n's.

Ive also hunted all over for those instructions for you but havent found anything:dontknow:

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
:yourock: thanks for the link.....now the problem is the lower heat shields seem to be glued, how do i get em apart without ruining them??

·
Registered
4,890 Posts
i have the instructions. i can email them to you if want. PM your info if you still need them.

·
Radio Active Member
27,669 Posts
Number 11
Try this link, bro. It should take you to a link to download the directions:

http://www.datafilehost.com/download-61e2d639.html
Number 13
:yourock: thanks for the link.....now the problem is the lower heat shields seem to be glued, how do i get em apart without ruining them??
Number 14
i have the instructions. i can email them to you if want. PM your info if you still need them.
Windy Windy Windy. :D

1 - 16 of 16 Posts