M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Pulled up at a stop today and tried to put it into free gear....pushed up....pushed down...NO green light...WTF

So I fiddled around letting the clutch out slowly and I got it...BUT still no green :dontknow:

Turned the bike off.....tried turning the key on again and still no green ???

Waited a couple of mins....started the bike ....yeah...I gotta green :D

Anybody else have this happen ???

·
Registered
314 Posts
yes - me

I dont have a green light since months. I got used to it. disappeared after inspection in the suzuki garage. Have to check it some day. My problem I changed the instruments and the whole electric part is a real mess. I have to start to write the colours and conections down on a pice of paper for me and the mechanics.
Also missing the fuel-information. OK no problem because it was not of use anyhow.

·
Registered
506 Posts
I always had problem finding neutral on this bike. :dontknow:
That's why I bought Shift Star Kit, but (two years later) I still didn't install it.:doorag:
It did improve a little when I switched to Mobile 1 20W/50.
I would imagine you think that your problem is not having green light and that this is not related to miss shifting ?

·
Registered
3,873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I always had problem finding neutral on this bike. :dontknow:
That's why I bought Shift Star Kit, but (two years later) I still didn't install it.:doorag:
It did improve a little when I switched to Mobile 1 20W/50.
I would imagine you think that your problem is not having green light and that this is not related to miss shifting ?
Dude...no thinkin about it....I got it into neutral...but NO green light :bigthumbsup:

Yes I do have the shift star :bigthumbsup:

I reckon it was just a short glitch in the electrics somewhere :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
3,873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Really? My bike likes to find neutral on its own when I'm shifting from first to second. :-\

I need to adjust my shifter so I have more leverage when shifting gears.
Pharvey....you need the shift star :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
461 Posts
Kev, the shifter has a switch attached that sends info to the computer about gear selection. Many with the Gi-Pro have tapped into this info to display the gear selection on the screen. Sometimes this switch can get sticky. I wouldn't worry about it, since it won't affect the bike's performance. It could be a bulb, what the **** do I know.:dontknow:

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
22,862 Posts
Kev, do you have a GiPro or other TRE on it? The bulb is an LED, so it either works or it doesn't. The gear position switch sends a signal to the ECM to tell it what gear it's in, and the ECM determines the timing and fueling for the gear, as well as indicating when it's in neutral. It's just a variable resistor that sends a changing voltage to the ECM, and the ECM determines the gear by the value it sees.

There's a procedure for checking it on page 5-66 and 5-67 of the service manual. The connector is behind the chrome half-moon cover on the exhaust side, and the switch itself is at the end of the connector wire. You check the voltage at the connector. If it keeps doing it I would check it as it does affect the timing and such. If it's not the switch or connector, then the service manual indicates it could be a problem with the ECM.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts