M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently added goldwing mod intakes and k&n filters to my 08 that has scorpion tip exhaust, (cat and set still in tack). I know with both exhaust and intake im supposed to add fuel management, but even without my bike runs much smoother!!! I used to have alot of popping on down shifting or coming to a stop, now i dont!!.......also when riding slow between 25-35 i used to have a popping/missing while at steady slow speeds....that too is gone!! Should i still be cautious about riding without management even though its running smoother now than it was before??

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Yes you should be cautious when running your mods you should run fuel management.

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
FI2000R

I used to think my bike ran fine without fuel management, until I installed a Cobra FI2000R. Now I know better. I can only tell you my experience, mine runs much better. It's especially noticeable taking off from a stop around a corner. Much more manageable, I can just let out the clutch with no lurching or fear of not enough power mid turn. It also runs perfectly with no warm up from ice cold. It was real cold blodded before after my intake and exhaust mods.

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
22,860 Posts
The SET and cat probably don't add the restriction that the small inner pipes and 2 or 3 baffles per pipe adds. Cutting them off and adding the tips probably picked up the exhaust flow a little, meaning you should add a fuel manager. The SET only adds any restriction at low to mid throttle settings.

·
Registered
4,890 Posts
i would still suggest you run a fuel management system just to be safe. a $300 investment is a small price to pay to ensure that you don't damage your engine. you're bike will more than likely run even better and you will gain the most out of your mods. a cobra fi1200r or PCIII will work just fine.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts