M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my 109 is bone stock, and i have little dollars.... What can I do to get more power?

·
Registered
277 Posts
J R said:
Lots...Read this board carfully there have been tons of hints and how to,s posted on things ya need to look at :bigthumbsup: :bigthumbsup: :bigthumbsup:
There are several threads on here that while not free, are pretty low buck:Â

Lets start by doing away with something suzuki did on purpose; retarding the ignition in the first 3 gears and the rev limiter in fifth: Get the JSD-3M (~ $50 bucks, definitely worth the difference it makes)

Now, since the engine is basically an air pump, let it breath!

J R style 2 into 1 homemade pipe. (a few threads on how to, $80 for a muffler, someone to weld it for you, lots of hours of work)

Change the intake (several fairly low buck mod threads, J R suggested some kart filters at $9 each, info is on this thread http://www.m109riders.com/forum/index.php?topic=4438.0)

Adjust the fuel mixture (cobra is less than $200 pcIII is $300) okay, okay, I admit that one is a little expensive but after changing pipes and intake this may be a necessity, some of the guys are swearing by the cobras, some say the PCIII is necessary)

So lets review: $100 for a J R style pipe (minus his secret collector albeit), $18 plus shipping for J R intake filters, $200 for Cobra, $50 for JSD-3M.Â

Let's face it kids, all the basic upgrades for less than $400 bucks! Search is your friend! :bigthumbsup:  :doorag:  Â

Oh, and before anyone flames me about thinking you can build an ultimate drag bike for $400 that's not my point. Just that there are mods that intelligent, experienced, people have done and shared with us that we can benefit from without having to break the bank!!! Ride safe!!!

·
Registered
133 Posts
Bruno said:
Nester, my brother, you have been on this board before. You know we all want MORE POWER, MORE POWER.
I can't believe I typed that. :eek:Â I plead a momentary "dumbsheet attach".

G

·
Nestar, Forgiven my brother. For your penance (if that is how you spell it) go out and do three burnouts and two wheelies and sin no more.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts