M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How many of you guys are planning on putting your baby on the juice?

Also looking for some advice. I am definitely going to juice mine. What is the general consenses out there as to how much HP you can add with nitrous without engine mods? I.E. a 25 hp shot or a 50 hp shot? I am worried about damaging those great big pistons.

I have had turbo bikes before but they were sportbikes and i am a rookie on the nitrous scene.

Any and all feedback would be appreciated.

Thanks

·
Radio Active Member
27,670 Posts
For me it is the same thing as people on royds. I say, stay off the juice man. :a20:

·
Registered
752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I doubt that my bike is going to get "bacne" :eek:

It's no more pressure than turbo and way less expensive. I am also going to do the ECU mod, aircleaner, and a Power Commander.

·
Registered
752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
24 reads and no opinions?

JR you know your nitrous, what do you think?

Lamont, how about you?

·
Registered
78 Posts
L-Train said:

Lamont, how about you?
I can't give you an opinion on Nitrous on a motorcycle. But I've had nitrous on two of my mustangs. I don't think I'd do it again, neither of the cars seemed to last or to enjoy the nitrous. When it kicks in man on man, the engine is working it ASSS off, or at least it sounds it. A couple of times I hit the Juice with the RPM's too low and literally blew apart my air intake and put a huge dent in the hood. I didn't do any engine work but it didn't matter because I had so much HP running through the car the rear ends basically disentigrated on me. Personally I would stay away because to me (IMHO) it's a cheap and dirty way to get quick horsepower. Just doesn't seem so good for the stock engine. I've seen some seriously destroyed pistons from Nitrous. I would only do it as a last mod on a heavily modded bike with proper engine work.

·
M109Riders Founder
8,014 Posts
L-Train said:

Lamont, how about you?
If you setup nitrous right it can be very safe, if you don't you can have a meltdown for sure. I think I'm going to go with a 30hp dry squirt. I won't use it much but it will be fun and will have a lot of wow factor just mounted on the bike. :doorag:

·
Registered
75 Posts
Lamonster....ya think ya might put together a little NOS system for sale with complete setup and instructions?...after ya get some of the other parts and stuff you're working on done.......just check'n...... :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I would think with 25-30 HP dry squirt it isn't to high. They do 50 hp squirts on GSX-Rs all the time and those have higher compression.

Also it seems that with Nitrous being on demand and turbo or supercharger being all the time the engine should get more longevity out of the nitrous than the other 2 options.

How did your Valkyrie hold up Lamont?

And what do you think of the turbo vs the nitrous for longevity?

·
Registered
752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for the info JR.

I am shooting for 150-160 RWHP. Figure that the airbox mod should get me to 120, then a power commander might get me a few more HP and the proper exhaust might get me 5 more. So if I can get it to 125 and throw a 30 shot of dry I should be good. I might wait and hear about your 170 rwhp guys reliability. I am not going to drag, simply for street use. I love sportbikes but my wife feels better about cruisers so some extra straight line should console me.

I am also going to do the 280 mod from Lamont when it hits.

·
Registered
752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
There is another link where a guy on the board used nitrous, however he has posted no pics or dyno charts.

There isn't much room to hide the bottles in this bike. It's really crowded. I was thinking of trying to hang them off the back of the fender and kinda tuck them up in there.

Who knows though. :dontknow:

·
Registered
752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I totally agree and that's why I keep asking him for some info.

If it's so where is the dyno and pics?

Thanks again for your insight JR.

·
Registered
1,918 Posts
I was reading back look where it's at now :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
728 Posts
ppridgen1 said:
yep many,many dyno runs and perfecting placement of the proper type of customized nozzle has netted about 60 hp on a 40 hp dry shot..........many mods must be performed .....not to the engine so much as to the driveline ;) it'll pull the front tire in third gear and pop it up momentarily in 4th ......but that's a fully tuned kit that was built by hand and dyno tested and tuned through about 40 lbs of juice.......It aint one you can just buy and slap on there !!!! believe me.
Someone sent me a dyno sheet ....i forget who it was....where the rear tire broke loose of the drum (even with four straps and a 280 tire,with three people on the bike trying to hold it down) at 264 rwhp at 4200 rpm.......the ink went nearly straight up.....not tapered at an angle much at all !!!!! I sure wish I could remember who the heck it was :dontknow: :bigthumbsup: :super:
Sounds someone is in the market for a nitrous controller :D

·
Registered
728 Posts
JRâ„¢ said:
You are always welcome to call me and get the inside scoop on the cams and nitrous and set up ect bro just PM me for number :bigthumbsup: :doorag: :super: Us Turbo Busa brothers have to stick together :evil:
:bigthumbsup:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts