M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ninja 1400

yesterday my friend let me ride his new bike .the ninja 1400 this thing is really big for a sport bike but let me tell you it's so quick . in the 4000-4500 rpm range in 1st gear this thing feels like it gos into turbo ,in 2nd,3rd,4th,5th,6th and you better hold on . i also rode the busa ,very fast bike . i would like to see the #s on these two bike against each other

G

·
Re: ninja 1400

The numbers are in this months Cycle World. They did a shoot out between the two bikes. Interesting reading.

·
Registered
426 Posts

Too bad they're all @ssugly. I'd have bought a GSXR1000 that "only" does 170 or 180something. I'd sacrifice the top speed honors to have the still blindingly fast, better handing, better looking bike. At least it wouldn't look like an old RF900 with 4 eyes. I know aerodynamics force the ugliness, but to me it's not worth it. Almost like an ugly chick, if I can't stand looking at her, I don't want a ride.

·
Registered
343 Posts

Bruno said:
The numbers are in this months Cycle World. They did a shoot out between the two bikes. Interesting reading.
So, which one is faster?

G

·

The ZX14 is king .. personally I think its a great looking bike. Reminds me of a big mean spider from the front. Insurance per month is the reason I got the m109 and not the zx14 actually but I'm happy and just might live longer with my choice

·
Registered
216 Posts

dynamos2000 said:
The ZX14 is king .. personally I think its a great looking bike. Reminds me of a big mean spider from the front. Insurance per month is the reason I got the m109 and not the zx14 actually but I'm happy and just might live longer with my choice
I would like to get a ZX14 also and my insurance would go DOWN.... ::) my insurance co. does not care what kind of motorcycle you have it goes my cc's.. :verymad:

·
Registered
702 Posts

the show SUPERBIKES on speed

had them both (ZX & busa) at the dragstrip last week.

both experienced riders

ZX-14 won 2 out of 3

the best part of the show was the custom wide tired long swingarm custom paint busas though

G

·

Per the article:

Busa Kawasaki
0-60 2.6 2.5
1/4 mile 9.98 9.78
1/4 mile 143.12 mph 146.39 mph
HP 160.4 @9530 RPM 170.2 @9670 RPM
Torque 97.9 Ft lbs @6900 RPM 103.8 @7770 RPM
Top Speed 183 MPH 186 MPH

·
Registered
96 Posts

Those were both bikes I was considering when I started to shop for motorcycles a few months ago. The Kawa is a little faster but not enough to say there is a big difference. The dealer I bought my 109 from sells both bikes and say they prefer the Busa for all around handling even though the Ninja was faster in straight line racing. I think the Buse did look a little better in person.

The reason why I ended up buying a 109 is because the sport bikes are really not comfortable to drive (leaning forward all the time) and they all sort of look the same, besides if my wife is ever willing to ride with me - a cruiser is much more comfortable for her to ride on. After discovering and seeing the 109 it was all over for a sport bike, it was love at first sight! Here in Prescott we have all kinds of motorcycles and they all cruise and park in the middle of town for daily and weekly events at our Courthouse Square. I don't see anybody paying much attention to sport bikes, but I can assure you they not only check out cruisers and custom bikes but the 109 draws crowds of people around it every time I park it. I've never seen a bike that so many people pay so much attention to as the 109, its unique style and features make it a very attractive attention getter! Thank you Suzuki!

(( ;

EFE M109

·
Registered
326 Posts

dynamos2000 said:
The ZX14 is king
The Hayabusa still holds the Guiness record for the worlds fastest production motorcycle at 194 mph, a friend of mine owns both the ZX-14 and the Hayabusa, and his words were "I would not run out and sell my Hayabusa to buy a ZX-14".

The bottom line is if you are a pipe and PC kinda guy the ZX-14 is the bike for you, but if you wanna go ballz out with a turbo the Hayabusa is the better choice.

·
Registered
211 Posts

dynamos2000 said:
The ZX14 is king .. personally I think its a great looking bike. Reminds me of a big mean spider from the front. Insurance per month is the reason I got the m109 and not the zx14 actually but I'm happy and just might live longer with my choice
Thank you for putting Carrie back. It was painful to see half of your face. :D

·
Registered
3,501 Posts

My local dealer also sells both Kawi's and Suzuki's. I sat on both the 'Busa and the ZX-14 and the ZX-14 feels light as a feather compared to the 'Busa. The 'Busa is a PIG by comparison!! Kinda like the difference between the M109R and a Vulcan 2000. Huge difference! ::) :doorag:

·
Registered
96 Posts

BigBoreBiker said:
The Hayabusa still holds the Guiness record for the worlds fastest production motorcycle at 194 mph, a friend of mine owns both the ZX-14 and the Hayabusa, and his words were "I would not run out and sell my Hayabusa to buy a ZX-14".

The bottom line is if you are a pipe and PC kinda guy the ZX-14 is the bike for you, but if you wanna go ballz out with a turbo the Hayabusa is the better choice.
Actually both bike makers have agreed to a new 189mph limiter, so if one wants to go faster than that they'll have to go into the computer and eliminate the limiter. Who the heck would ever try to go that fast on a bike anyhow, the wind pressure would blow you off the bike if you sat up or lifted your head even a tiny bit! For all around looks, riding comfortability and good acceleration the M109 is king for now!

Now if one could afford two bikes, then the Busa or Ninja would be a blast to have around when you feel the "need for speed!" ((( ;

EFE M109

·
Registered
326 Posts

EFE M109 said:
Actually both bike makers have agreed to a new 189mph limiter, so if one wants to go faster than that they'll have to go into the computer and eliminate the limiter. Who the heck would ever try to go that fast on a bike anyhow, the wind pressure would blow you off the bike if you sat up or lifted your head even a tiny bit!Â
Its 186 mph, and as I said the Hayabusa still holds the record at 194 mph, BTW on my piped and PC'd Hayabusa I have seen 208 mph on the speedo and it was solid as a rock, different strokes for different folks.

·
Registered
96 Posts

BigBoreBiker said:
Its 186 mph, and as I said the Hayabusa still holds the record at 194 mph, BTW on my piped and PC'd Hayabusa I have seen 208 mph on the speedo and it was solid as a rock, different strokes for different folks.
Hey BBB,
That's what I'd call "living on the edge!" Where did you go to take it to that speed? Now I see why your Avatar has that picture! (( ;

EFE M109

·
Registered
35 Posts

crazytank7 said:
I would like to get a ZX14 also and my insurance would go DOWN.... ::) my insurance co. does not care what kind of motorcycle you have it goes my cc's.. :verymad:
I agree. My sportbike costs me less to insure through State Farm.

·
Registered
205 Posts

Here's a comparo between the Busa and Ninja. I personally still prefer the look of the Busa, but then again I have a slight bias against team green and for Suzuki. Kawasaki build one hell of an engine, but I've never found the chassis and suspension was on the same level. I'm not saying it's crap, just that the engine overwhelms the rest of the bike. I wonder if we're going to return to the big bore wars of the mid 90's before the 186mph self imposed top speed limit.
http://www.motorcycle-usa.com/Article_Page.aspx?ArticleID=3504&Page=1

·
Registered
4,579 Posts

crazytank7 said:
I would like to get a ZX14 also and my insurance would go DOWN.... ::) my insurance co. does not care what kind of motorcycle you have it goes my cc's.. :verymad:
Sounds like you should change insurance companies.... unless you like the lower rate for the X14. I know I couldn't find a lower rate on an X14 than I got on my 109 through Progressive.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts