M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone used "Nightshade" to darken or black out their red rear lense cover? My daughter has friends that have used it to darken or black out the rear lenses on their cars and trucks. It is sold at Auto Zone. Anyone used it, and if so, any input?

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·

·
Banned
15,179 Posts
I was thinking about doing that, Thanks for the link,,,,,,,,,,,

·
Registered
62 Posts
Ive used it before great stuff. Really easy if your able to get to the inside of the light and spray it. Its a bit more work spraying the outside being that you would have to spray it, wet sand it, clear coat it and wet sand it again depending on how much of a perfectionist you are.

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
22,861 Posts
I've used it before on my truck tail lights. It works pretty good as long as you apply several very light coats. And do whatever you are doing all at the same time, as the amount you put on affects how dark they are.

With the real Niteshades paint, I've never sanded it afterward or cleared it, just sprayed it on and that was it. It's pretty tough too, I've never had mine scratched and I've scraped snow off them.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Hey McF

Works pretty well on the outside of the lens but over time sarts to fade a little. As said above do light coats and judge how dark you want to go. Had mine on for about 2 years now and may give them a touch up shortly.

Cheers and Merry Christmas

1 - 6 of 6 Posts