M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally got the lights working again...

All from Joe Florida...

Thanks JMKMAN for the initial install... Just tryin' to keep it goin...

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
Wow, that looks awesome!!! :bigthumbsup::bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
you need LEDs on your wheels now!!
Pynikal, I have tossed that idea around more than you know, however, while I CAN ride with lights on in Maryland, the law DOES NOT allow for lights attached to the wheels...

I could put on the power pucs for parking lot grins and giggles, but (1) they'd have to be on a separate circuit so that I could turn them on and off independently, and (2) for all that the power pucs cost, I have to think about how often I ride at night or am actually out at night... the $$ factor for parking lot oooo's and aaahhh's is a big investment... I get oooo's and aahhh's while roling down the street and I'm totally legal as I am with the current set up...

I am still looking for more places to hide about 30 of the pods that I picked up... so it's still a work in progress... I want more road coverage on the bottom, and i want to put SOMETHING in the area beneath the seat on the sides (look at the second pic)... So, we'll see.

I was also thinking that this winter, I'd take these yellow's off and put on the multicolor lights... but that'd be a huge investment to get the same kind of "glow coverage"... and I still want an Air Ride and an Alarm and a chrome modified swing arm and .... yeah ... you get my point... so, we'll see...

But thanks!

And for what it's worth (shameless plug)... All of this is from Joe Florida...

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
Looks great. :bigthumbsup: Maybe GarthenJr will finally step his game up to outdo your Clark Griswold light setup. I would stick a couple of your extra pods in the headlight and in the bottom of the radiator shroud. Now you just need a ducks designed cover to throw some leds in. :congrats:

·
Registered
5,863 Posts
looking good !!!!!

·
Registered
343 Posts
put some in between the plastic side covers just separate them and add a strip of lights and put a spacer between the 2 plastic covers to let more light through i did this to mine and looks great

·
Registered
4,485 Posts
Pynikal, I have tossed that idea around more than you know, however, while I CAN ride with lights on in Maryland, the law DOES NOT allow for lights attached to the wheels...

I could put on the power pucs for parking lot grins and giggles, but (1) they'd have to be on a separate circuit so that I could turn them on and off independently, and (2) for all that the power pucs cost, I have to think about how often I ride at night or am actually out at night... the $$ factor for parking lot oooo's and aaahhh's is a big investment... I get oooo's and aahhh's while roling down the street and I'm totally legal as I am with the current set up...

I am still looking for more places to hide about 30 of the pods that I picked up... so it's still a work in progress... I want more road coverage on the bottom, and i want to put SOMETHING in the area beneath the seat on the sides (look at the second pic)... So, we'll see.

I was also thinking that this winter, I'd take these yellow's off and put on the multicolor lights... but that'd be a huge investment to get the same kind of "glow coverage"... and I still want an Air Ride and an Alarm and a chrome modified swing arm and .... yeah ... you get my point... so, we'll see...

But thanks!

And for what it's worth (shameless plug)... All of this is from Joe Florida...
i have herd nothing but good things about him.:bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
i have herd nothing but good things about him.( Joe Florida):bigthumbsup:
I will vouch for him... his lights are just as good as the more expensive ones, and the Click&Stik set up makes it REAL EZ to add more...

I kinda wished the flexible strips didn't come in the clear heat shrink ... that tube is kinda hard to get into some recesses, but all in all, I'm happy with them.

I see posts from time to time where folks are asking what others think about them... this here's proof that Joe Florida Lights are a good product.

·
Registered
1 Posts
new guy

Glad i found this site i love my M109r ,got it bran new in june 2009 put 5000 miles on it so far getting ready for my 2nd. trip to sturgis ,cant wait last year i went stock this year i have goodies = Cobra speedster pipes arlen ness K&N air filters ,power comander ,tack relocal kit, new risers 2inches over stock & just did both front and back turn signals with new led liscens plate & dunlop E3 tires front and back !!! MORE GOODIES TO COME CANT WAIT I WILL POST PICS!!!!

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
looks great i started with a 120 kit from joe florida i have to order one more wiht remote i had a rmeote but infortunately i burned it up

1 - 16 of 16 Posts