M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wasn't thrilled with other brackets that I've seen for the GiPRO gear indicator till I seen this one. Puts it right where it belongs and looks good too! Good quality finish. Easy install with just a bit of modifying. Picked it up off of e-bay from one of our members here.

Attachments

·
Registered
91 Posts
What type of modifying are you refering to? I was going to get one but the seller said it was not for my model of GIPro.

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
What type of modifying are you refering to? I was going to get one but the seller said it was not for my model of GIPro.[/QUOTE]

This is the correct one. The one you're referring to is the gear indicator without the ATRE.

The fit is very tight as the indicator box has to protrude through the riser cap about 3/8 " to fit between the top of the bars and cap. A very light sanding of the plastic housing with 400 grit sandpaper was all it took for a perfect fit. We're probably literally talking about the width of a hair here. Sounds drastic but you won't even notice as all it does is dull the finish slightly. Also, as you will find the riser bolts sit a little lower than previously, you will need some washers to act as spacers to bring the riser bolts up a little to re-install the bolt caps.

·
Registered
16,261 Posts
Hey that looks pretty good. Gotta link?

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
No tape. The bolt caps have a little nub on the bottom that wedges into the hex part on the top of the bolts. You will find because the bolts seat a little lower into the riser cap than previously, the tapered holes for the bolts narrow a little too much for the bolts caps to reach them once they are tightened down. By placing a washer with the bolts, it raises them up just enough so that you can pop the caps back on.

·
Registered
459 Posts
Does anyone know if it will fit the Rivco risers? Or can you measure your stock bolt holes and I can see if they are the same.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts