M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
4,579 Posts
Alright Lamont, you have changed my opinion. I started out not liking the "utilitarian" look of the plain black one, but you guys have really outdone yourselves on this one. I love it. It's on my short list for Christmas. Just gotta get a PCI III first. Good job. This one is a real beauty. :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
58 Posts
THAT'S IT!!!!! I'm sold!!!! Finally!!!!! How do I get this????!?!?!?!

When will this be ready!!!??? Can I get it now!?!?! Lamont, please tell me this going to be offered in the DLP store???

Wow... :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
4,579 Posts
allenfl said:
Lamont, please tell me this going to be offered in the DLP store???
Since it's those guys making it... I bet the chances are pretty good. :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
450 Posts
I'll order one too if it comes like that.... don't keep us waiting, i have $499 of available credit and thats it.

·
Registered
4,579 Posts
jamiesM109R said:
i have $499 of available credit and thats it.
Gonna take more than that.... the plain chrome ones are $560 or so IIRC... I imagine these will be a little more than that with the engraving.

·
M109Riders Founder
8,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Nester said:
OK guys. Enough. The M109R shown on the BigAir intake cover is not engraved. It is not from DLP. If you go to the M109 Pictures and Video section of the forum and click on "Big Air installed on Silver 109" you'll see where it came from. Here's the link http://www.m109riders.com/forum/index.php?topic=5846.0
You might consider selling those decals. They would look great on a chrome or black BigAir. :bigthumbsup: :doorag:

·
Registered
133 Posts
I would be more than happy to provide these decals to the group.  The best effect I can create is using the chrome BigAir covers, which you've seen.  The black anodized BigAir covers will not have the same effect.  An idea for the black covers would be to use flat black and let the shininess of the anodize show through the M109R cutout.  Sorta like ghosting.

What I have done is a two step process.  You have a cut graphic applied to the cover then I applied a clear ureathane film over the top to protect the vinyl and the cover.  You cannot put just the cut decal on the cover bare   It needs to be laminated to keep the small corners and detail of the letters from lifting up from cleaning.  This is where the ureathane film comes in.  I did notice that the chrome plating on the Big Air is very soft.  It scratches easily.

These decals are hard to sell because you just can't slap them on and go.  Putting these graphics on is not like bolting a bungee button on.  It requires some patients and a little knowledge of adhesive backed vinyl.  Not everyone has the understanding.  This was one of the issues I had trying to market the paint protection film and the vinyl graphics for the 109.  It's not that simple and there is no easy way to do it except hire a signmaker type installer.  This adds to the cost.

The easiest way to do the covers would be for the 109 owner to send me the covers and I will install it for them.

·
Registered
4,579 Posts
Nester said:
OK guys. Enough. The M109R shown on the BigAir intake cover is not engraved. It is not from DLP. If you go to the M109 Pictures and Video section of the forum and click on "Big Air installed on Silver 109" you'll see where it came from. Here's the link http://www.m109riders.com/forum/index.php?topic=5846.0
Whoops... In my defense, I was looking at the image on my PDA, and it looked engraved. I also figured that Lamont was posting it as his own. As for the cost, I guess I was right... It will cost more, since ya gotta buy the decal. You mentioned $75 in your other post. Is that what we would expect to pay for that look?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts