M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Aside from the few dual sports I've owned, I've always gotten a "hey, nice bike" every once in a while.  I've gotten more attention on the 109 than with any other bike (warrior and neo a distant second and third).  Don't get me wrong, I didn't get it for attention but its still neat.

I'm at the four way light across from the courthouse and I hear someone yelling.  I look to the car to my right, just a wig..ok a youth who's looking in the other direction... hmmmm wish that light would change... then I hear it again.  In a company van behind me, a guy is waving his arm out the window, I turn and stare at him and he yells "NICE BIKE!!!" then goes back to talking on the cell phone  :joke:

The best yet was a few weeks ago when a guy with a very cute passenger (sorry 109 Mania, the passenger was a female), pulled up NEXT to me while I'm at a stop sign to talk about my bike.  The guy was in a very nice mustang and obviously appreciated things with curves and ..etc.  anyway.  I really love this bike and I'm glad others that don't have one do too  :D

·
Registered
94 Posts
Same here, mostly because the bike is a new style. The rea wheel gets a lot of attention to. ;)

·
Registered
516 Posts
I think the front Nacelle and the rear Cowling throw everybody off :bigthumbsup:

not to mention, when was the last time you saw a Pearl White 1800cc motorcycle? :eek:

·
Registered
303 Posts
Yes, when we are on a ride the others know I will pass them but they know
when I pull up at a town for a break, they just look for the people
standing around checking out the bike. Don't give a rats
about the sports bikes..
:D :D :D

·
Registered
443 Posts
It is actually real simple. The friggin' bike is beautiful! :hot: :clap2:

·
Registered
185 Posts
RubenAlonzo said:
I think the front Nacelle and the rear Cowling throw everybody off :bigthumbsup:

not to mention, when was the last time you saw a Pearl White 1800cc motorcycle?  :eek:
I was at the dealer yesterday and they had a pearl white 109 in the showroom . . very nice :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
956 Posts
They actually stretch their necks to get a better look and you cannot believe the :bigthumbsup: I get from older women!

You can imagine what happened when I took this to the local dealer ;)

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
dynamos2000 said:
The best yet was a few weeks ago when a guy with a very cute passenger (sorry 109 Mania, the passenger was a female), pulled up NEXT to me while I'm at a stop sign to talk about my bike.
ROFLMAO! :clap2: :a18: :a20: :#1:

·
Registered
770 Posts
You guys will like this one. I went out riding last night and my two buddies have hd's a night train and a duece, we were out side of a bar getting ready to leave and a couple of guys where checking out the bikes and said nice bike and both of them said thanx and the one guy said no not the harleys that red one(they were pissed) I thought it was funny.. They both both have tons of chrome and mods and mine is bone stock :D :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
51 Posts
I went to the Suzuki dealer here in town yesterday to have my new rear rotor put on. When I pulled up four people came out of the dealership and started asking questions about my bike. One asked what kind of bike is that? I said a Suzuki, I bought it here. He looked kind of embarrassed. Found out later he was a salesman there. :redfaced:

·
Registered
413 Posts
Caught a guy craning his neck outta his work van this morning on the way into work. I try to avoid the people when I'm riding cuz I wear a full face and I hate trying to talk to them.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Same here, was on a charity poker run Sunday and while registering ,saw at least 20 people checking out my Black 109 Had about 7 comments made to me, all good , and about 20 questions about it mostly how fast is it ! All makes of bikes participated in the run, Mostly Harleys, nothing against Harleys but it feels good to be different.
Most of the riders were familiar with the 109 probably from magazine articles and knew alot about it. Of course there were the Harley diehards who would take a look over their shoulders and make no comments. and of course the show offs trying to impress some one, was at the end of a group of buddys riding shotgun when a springer very nice custom paint job leading another group behind would drop back and then nail it to get up along side me, well after about 4 of these I dropped back and when he came up again I nailed it and left him in the dust that was the last I saw him.
OLDDOG

·
Registered
94 Posts
The one I like is "what size rear tire is that?" 240 I say, came stock. "Your sh**t'n me - stock" Yup. "Any other colors other than your Silver" Red, White, Black, Blue. "Woooooow, Gr8 bike". :D :D

·
Very Active Member
5,784 Posts
I can't go anywhere without people asking about the bike. people leaning out there windows at stoplights, etc.

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
BlkM109r said:
I can't go anywhere without people asking about the bike. people leaning out there windows at stoplights, etc.
+1

If I go for a ride and somebody DOESN"T check out the bike I wonder why. People always walking circles around it when it's parked and checking it out hard at stop lights etc. Rode it to the Toyota dealer today to pick up a part and a salesman came out and made a comment about having to wipe the drool off of his chin. :bigthumbsup:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts