M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
M109Riders Founder
8,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hal picked up a great bag for the trip back to FL and I got one for the trip back to TN. I'll let you know how it worked out when we get back.

G

·
Ok, I guess it is time for the next idea.

I have been kicking around how to get my stuff on the bike for a ride and have not been happy with the options.

I hate Saddle bags, it is not a Harley.

Tank Bag is too small and will cover up my new custom tank bib.

I don't want to spend 3 hours pulling the crap off to get it back to it's Bruzer Cruzer style.

Bought the wife a M50 so she can deal with her own stuff.

Anyway back to the idea, bungee buttons, rack with an integrated driver back rest, that sits ont the bungee buttons over the pillon cover that can be easily removed and a bag about twice that size that is water proof.

When are the bungee buttons available so I can get to makin it.

TAZ

·
Registered
898 Posts
ummm I think I may need one of those .... can you give us the style/model # I would like to get the dimensions and price...
also need some sort of knob end  screws to replace the ones holding the chrome sides on to hook a bag to...

thanks
khrome

·
Registered
817 Posts
HalGreenlee said:
Its a Givi that has an MSRP of $75 and the bungee buttons are being made now.
Will the bungee buttons be available by the end of June? I got a long trip planned for the 4th. :D

·
Registered
171 Posts
That looks like a practical and cheap solution. Lamonster: Where do you get those fasteners to strap the bag onto? With that setup you could use just about any duffle bag, couldn't you?

What else would be neat would be a hard-shell bag that could be attached/detached from the pillion, paint matched to the color of the bike.

·
Registered
267 Posts
I have the Cortech bag also and it fits nicely and is the pefrect size with multiple pockets and compartments. The only issue is the lack of anchor spots on our bike. I currently use the rear turn signals and the passanger peg bracket, but it bugs me everytime.

·
Registered
154 Posts
BigThumper said:

This is the Bag I chose for daily work runs. It tapers toward the rear and should look good on the back.
I have owned this bag for about a month now. It goes on and off easily over the pass seat and can hold a rainsuit, extra sweatshirt and few other small items. I think it was $59

1 - 20 of 21 Posts